SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 VTAC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 VTAC Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a 320 VTAC. am I going to have to send it back for the drop safety issue or is it ok. Its an amazing pistol, deadly accurate

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And worthless without pics. Do us all a solid and get some up ASAP Smile

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am very interested in one of these. Pics are most certainly required!!

you can go to the Sig website and type in your serial number and see if it needs the upgrade

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I am very interested in one of these. Pics are most certainly required!!

you can go to the Sig website and type in your serial number and see if it needs the upgrade

Thank you Sir. For some reason it wont let me download pic

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I am 99% sure you'll need to send yours in, as they said ALL current models including X-series, and yours was likely produced and shipped before the issue came up. You can verify, though, by seeing if you have the updates:

You have the first VTAC in the wild that I've heard of, so we need ALL the details: cost, specs, accessories, etc.!

And most importantly, we need pictures!!! You'll have to upload them to a 3rd party site and then link to them here:

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Resized952017080795111904001

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
We need a range report for this baby!

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I've been lusting after a VTAC since first shown, can't wait to add one; give us all the glorious details please.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I was looking for one, haven't seen to many since the 320 business started.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
It's first on my list of next handgun purchases,

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need a range report for this baby!

This gun is a tac driver. The sights are fantastic. The trigger is on par with a PPQ in my opinion. Very easy to just point and shoot. Very happy with it so far. I have 500 rounds through it and no issues at all

posted Hide Post
quote:
Posts: 6960 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005

I found one and will have next week and was curious Larry have you found a holster? Also curious if standard full size magazines work

Semper Fi

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Two of my local gun shops have the VTAC in stock.

The trigger feels AMAZING for a factory striker!

Compared to a stock P320, it's night and day, and I tell you, it feels as good as the GGI competition package trigger I have in mine, it has a heavier pull, but it's just as smooth.

I want the XCarry/VTAC grip module BAD!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by branson1369:
quote:

I found one and will have next week and was curious Larry have you found a holster? Also curious if standard full size magazines work

I have yet to try the other full size mags as it came with 3 from the factory

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by branson1369:
quote:

I am using a disantis speed scubbard that was for my Glock 17. Works fine

posted Hide Post
Thanks

Semper Fi

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I was wondering the same thing, about the factory mags.
I just came back from Shooters in Jacksonville, (they have both the VTAC and an X5 if anyone is looking)and found out for myself, THEY DO NOT.

I figured the factory mags wouldn't work in the full size X5, with the funnel, but was hoping they'd work in the VTAC, which has the same grip module as the X Carry, which I hope to be able to purchase sometime in the near future.

Looks like you'd have to dremel the ears off the regular base plates to make them work.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are exactly right about the mags

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Normal P320 mags don't work in the VTAC?

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Normal P320 mags don't work in the VTAC?

Normal mags don't work in the X-5 grip module, which includes all 3 new models (X5, X-VTAC, X-Carry).

To be clear, it is tough to define "normal P320 mags" because if you go buy a new mag right now, unless it's been sitting on the shelf for a while, it will actually work. As usual Sig updated the baseplates without changing the model number of the mag.

- See here for my post with pics of the changes to the 21rd mag.
- Somebody else posted a thread with pics on the changes to the 17rd mags, but i can't find it.
- See here for a recent thread with pics of the changes in the original P250 mag before they changed grip modules.

Lots of variations floating around. I wish they would tag them with a generation or something, but I believe the bodies have stayed the same and it's just the baseplates changing slightly over time. The newest changes have been backwards compatible, but I'm not sure about that old change from the original P250 plate.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post