SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slide width on Beretta APX A1 vs other striker guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide width on Beretta APX A1 vs other striker guns Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Anyone have a slide width comparison (numbers or pics) of the new Beretta APX A1 9mm compact vs a Glock 19 and say a Walther PDP compact?

Based on some videos I’ve seen the Beretta appears wider than the Glock though I’m thinking it’s not as chonky as its predecessor (the APX) and it seems slimmer than the Walther PDP series. Am I correct?

I like the design of the APX A1, though the original APX that I held a while back felt like it was overly fat in the slide. Kind of turned me off until I started researching the APX A1. Same type of thing happened with the Walther PDP, I was interested until I held one and the slide just seemed a little thick.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Beretta lists 1.3 in G19 1.26, PDP 1.34.

I have the APX A1 full size and a Gen 5 19. Very similar, but the APX slide is taller and slightly wider though grip is smaller, better ergos.

I have a PPQ which has the best ergos between all three. PPQ slide more like the APX width wise

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4361 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks Belwolf for the insight. I thought those widths were the overall widths (that included the safety levers) though if they are the slide widths then I guess it’s about like I would have expected.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:

I have the APX A1 full size and a Gen 5 19. Very similar, but the APX slide is taller and slightly wider though grip is smaller, better ergos.

I have a PPQ which has the best ergos between all three. PPQ slide more like the APX width wise

What are your shoot impressions between the three?

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm guessing there's much more than a .04" difference between an APX and a G19. I found the APX slide to be very porky. They molded a 'trough' in the bottom of the APX trigger guard. My finger gets pinched between the trigger and the edges of that and is unfortunately quite uncomfortable.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
quote:

What are your shoot impressions between
the three?

I like the PPQ the most, IMO, ergos are the best and the trigger is best as well. Beretta #2 and Glock 3rd based on ergos.

The APX is new and only have one short range session with it, trigger is good, standard for a striker but not as good as Beretta claims it to be "class leading" or something me such statement. Yes, it's clunkier than the Glock. My G19 has an Overwatch Precision TAC which is also good (but still can't beat the PPQ) but Glock ergos still sorta suck in comparison.(May very well be selling off the G19 soon).

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4361 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post