SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rack Assist device P322
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rack Assist device P322 Login/Join 
posted
Hi,
My daughter has taken an interest in shooting so I have purchased a P322 22 LR for her. She’s 17 years old and has small hands. Trying to rack the slide, especially trying to lock it, is proving difficult for her. I have a ring mounted on my Glock that I really like. I have tried to find something similar for her gun but can’t seem to find one. I’m surprised that is the case. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 01, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
The P322 comp has a charging handle. Might be able to make it work on the standard P322.

FWIW I've had my girls run my standard P322 and none have had issues racking the slide. The effort is very light.

If she is using her thumb and finger to pinch the slide serrations, try having her reach over the top of the slide with her fingers, keeping the meat of her hand on the other side, and grasping the slide firmly. Push with the strong hand and pull with the weak hand.

Start around 3:30 here https://youtu.be/mkyYEzND-Tw?si=v9-KuiNZAVKQHYb3

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
very good video!!! tomacure. A lot of new shooters are afraid of the gun. show her that video and let her practice with an unloaded gun and she will get more confident in short order!!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I find that the Pachmayer rack assist device works well for people who have trouble.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...018761599?pid=594169

Amazon has it at the full price:

https://www.amazon.com/Pachmay...t/dp/B06Y26FYKL?th=1

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
My wife had a similair problem with the slide on her Glock 43. I put the slide grip from Talon on and she had no problem after. The abrasives gave her the help she needed to grip the slide.

https://talongungrips.com/slid...grip-sig-sauer-p322/

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

I find that the Pachmayer rack assist device works well for people who have trouble.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...018761599?pid=594169

Amazon has it at the full price:

https://www.amazon.com/Pachmay...t/dp/B06Y26FYKL?th=1
I'm seeing $29.99 (plus shipping?) at Midway, where it's out of stock. Amazon is showing it for $22.94 shipped, in stock, delivered in four or five days.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Amazon is showing it for $22.94 shipped, in stock, delivered in four or five days.

Thanks for pointing that out lest someone not notice the differences. Yesterday when I looked the Midway price was ~$16 as I recall, and of course one must always consider shipping, tax, and in Colorado, an extra $0.28 fee per order.

Normally when I mention a product to someone I try to post a link to help ensure there’s no confusion about what I am referring to. After that I assume that they will then take the initiative to look around for the best price and service for their particular situation.

But because Midway showed it out of stock yesterday I thought it would be helpful to point out that it was also available on Amazon. And even then that’s running the risk that someone who has decided the Big A is nothing more than a front for Satan and his gang will be offended, if not worse. Hopefully no one will be forced to request an exorcism in this case, though, and will recognize the post as nothing more than an attempt to help a new member.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the replies. I was having trouble finding options as I was searching for 'slide pull' and not 'rack assist'. Regardless, thank you!
I have reached out to several places trying to find a compatible assist. Previous poster mentions one is available for the P322 Comp. Any idea of the brand name?
The TandemKross Halo is unavailable for a P322. This is what I'd really like to have for the P322. Again, thank you for the replies!

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I've found that, except for the occasional health issue (like arthritis), most slide racking issues come down to poor technique. I always try to make sure that the shooter is using BOTH arms to rack the slide. You can also get a much better grip with the hand-over-the-slide saddle type grip than a two finger pinch.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomarcure:
Previous poster mentions one is available for the P322 Comp. Any idea of the brand name?

SIG Sauer makes the P322-COMP and it comes with the slide racking assist device.

https://youtu.be/0wNeeZveF50?si=VT1JZH02LDoW8W8S

Please watch the video I posted above about proper slide-racking technique. Your daughter probably doesn't need any additional device or tool to rack the slide properly.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We did watch it together and found it helpful. Still wanted to see if I could find the one on the 322-COMP. Taking it as a challenge to find! Thank you very much.