SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365XL Romeo Zero Steel Shroud
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365XL Romeo Zero Steel Shroud Login/Join 
Picture of chaze33
posted
I just picked up a 365XL that came with a non mounted Romeo Zero optic (had to send back first slide as the optic plate screws were stripped out of the box). It has a steel shroud as an optional install. It increases the slide width a bit and is not very aesthetically appealing. I will use as a cold concealed (use a standard 365 in hot weather (AND LOVE). Anyone have an opinion on these protective steel shrouds? Also looking for a good optic for an M17…suggestions??

Posts: 5 | Location: The South, U.S.A. | Registered: August 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will offer more protection, but given that the romeo zero will probably fail before long anyway, why bother?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my Romeo Zero sent back to Sig twice but maybe your experience might be different. I should have went with a rmr CC.

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
For the M17, if you want a direct mount (no plates) red dot, it is either the SIG Romeo Pro One or Deltapoint Pro. I have 2 Sigs and a DPP and they both work well and I have no complaints with either. One of Sigs is on my castle gun so I trust it to fill that role.

If you do not mind using a plate, the Trijicon RMR is the gold standard.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chaze33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It will offer more protection, but given that the romeo zero will probably fail before long anyway, why bother?

Thats a good point. I have a couple of Sig optics and no issues other than my astigmatism presents its self pretty bad under their reflex lenses.

CH

Posts: 5 | Location: The South, U.S.A. | Registered: August 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chaze33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
For the M17, if you want a direct mount (no plates) red dot, it is either the SIG Romeo Pro One or Deltapoint Pro. I have 2 Sigs and a DPP and they both work well and I have no complaints with either. One of Sigs is on my castle gun so I trust it to fill that role.

If you do not mind using a plate, the Trijicon RMR is the gold standard.

Thank you for the reply!

I have a couple of Sig optics and the laser optic is a feathery on each one of them. In fact I never knew I had astigmatism until I started using a Sig optic on my AR Pistol last year.Went to the optometrist (first time in my life) and they confirmed I have on both eyes. I dont know, maybe it developed through the years, just hit 40.

Do any of those 3 optics have a reputation for being easier on astigmatism eyes? I remember reading somewhere some are better than others…I am not concerned about cost but I would love for the red dot not look like a frayed feather.
My dominant shooting eye is better but of course I try to look through the dot with both eyes open when using an optic sight. Anyone have suggestions or experience with this? Thanks for the feedback in advance if anybody has some!

CH

CH

Picture of chaze33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LTCeveryday:
I had my Romeo Zero sent back to Sig twice but maybe your experience might be different. I should have went with a rmr CC.

Well, I had to send the slide back because the 365XL mounting plate had a stripped screw from the factory. I could not remove and neither could my local Sig dealer. Fortunately, the turn around was only 8-9 days total from Texas to Sig in NH and back to Texas….but still highly inconvenient. It was a brand new gun so I was suprised to see a sloppy issue like a stripped screw.

Thank you for the info, I will look into the Trijicon RMRcc…. GB!

CH

CH