SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320, different barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320, different barrel? Login/Join 
posted
So I just picked up a brand new P320C, and in looking at it, it has a different barrel good than all the pictures I’ve ever seen of a 320. The gun has a born-on date of Jan 2018. Is this a factory frankengun or part of the upgrade, or should I be concerned, or...? Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greatmoose,

How can you trust a man who wears suspenders AND a belt? The man can't even trust his own pants.

Posts: 27 | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your pics aren't showing. So I couldn't tell you whether there's a difference.

The only different barrels I'm aware of are "pretensioned". But from what I've seen of them, you have to really know what you're looking for to tell the difference.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1862 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no idea why my pic isn’t showing. To describe: my barrel doesn’t have the “severe” angle cut on the chamber that most have.

Not mine, but my barrel is identical

How can you trust a man who wears suspenders AND a belt? The man can't even trust his own pants.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that cut on the barrel used to start small on the right / front side then almost get as low as the caliber marking on the left / backside.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right. Kind of a holdover from the 250, right? I guess the newest “version” is the more traditional shape?