SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range Report - P320s P365s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Report - P320s P365s Login/Join 
posted
Took some new acquisitions to the range today. Here's a quick report.

SIG P320 XFIVE Legion - I have a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro mounted on the X5, so I sent it up to SIG to have the original barrel with the Loaded Chamber Indicator replaced with a Non-LCI barrel. First time I fired it and I really enjoyed it. The extra weight in the frame, the decent trigger and quite good accuracy make it an excellent choice. Flawless functioning through 200 rounds of different 9mm.

SIG P320F M17 - Comfortable to shoot, good accuracy. Trigger pull is a little heavy, but not bad for this type of handgun. Only modification I've made to the M17 is the Wilson Combat grip. The way it fits my hands is great. A real improvement for $70. Flawless functioning through 200 rounds of different 9mm.

SIG P365 NRA - The 365s are so much more comfortable to shoot compared to the Glock 43. I prefer their triggers and the grip. Again, no problems 200 rounds, different ammo.

SIG P365 SAS - The compensator does reduce muzzle rise significantly and felt recoil to some extent. Not that either of these is much of an issue with the uncompensated P365. I do like the flame coming out at 45 degree angles from both sides of the barrel, visible if you look for it indoors. Not as distracting as the comps that send the gas straight up. The SAS sights will take some getting used to. I can't acquire them as quickly as the typical SIG night sights. Something that will just take practice. No function issues, 200 rounds as well.

I think it says something for SIG's current production that four pistols perform flawlessly without prior break-in. The 320s and 365s will pretty much replace my 9mm Glocks.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SAS is a natural for me, out to 15 yards.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those Legion 320’s are pretty fantastic out of the box. I have been tempted and you aren’t helping.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was thinking about the Legion 320, I figured I might have to get the trigger worked over to be happy with it. While I'm still thinking of sending it to Gray Guns, there is no immediate need to do so. The trigger is that good out of the box.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
The SAS is a natural for me, out to 15 yards.

Has anyone done any ballistics analysis on this ported model? The P365 has a short barrel to begin with, I'd be curious to see what effect porting it has on ballistics.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished another 200 rounds with my P365 bringing the total to 1200 rounds without a failure or issue of any kind. Damn it has been boring in a good way. My accuracy is improving especially shooting strong hand which I do 50% of the time.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an excellent and informative range session. Only cautionary note is with the 365 SAS. You are not going to enjoy the flash from the compensated barrel if you have to use this gun for serious purposes at night. I have a G-22C, and the compensated barrel and slide do reduce muzzle flip slightly at the range. But using a compensated pistol in low light will temporarily impair your vision. Not something you will want, I think.

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dav:
Sounds like an excellent and informative range session. Only cautionary note is with the 365 SAS. You are not going to enjoy the flash from the compensated barrel if you have to use this gun for serious purposes at night. I have a G-22C, and the compensated barrel and slide do reduce muzzle flip slightly at the range. But using a compensated pistol in low light will temporarily impair your vision. Not something you will want, I think.

Having never owned/shot a compensated pistol, my question is if shooting modern defensive loads, is the flash still enough to cause more problems than a non compensated pistol?

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, definitely. My only compensated gun is that G-22C, and it is fun to shoot at the range with the comp barrel. I probably understated its ability to reduce muzzle flip in 40S&W. It does a pretty fair job of that. Although I rarely carry it, I do have a non-comp barrel for the gun. Frankly, when I take it to the range, it’s almost always with the non-comp barrel in it. I am sure there are lots of folks on the Forum with lots of time with compensated guns. But those guns are for very specific purposes, and self defense, in my opinion at least, is not one of them.

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely a trade-off with muzzle flash. I may put a threaded barrel on it. Of course, those threads may turn it into a weapon of mass destruction under state law.

For muzzle flash from a compensator, it is hard to beat the straight up SIG P229 Sport.

posted Hide Post
I've had half a dozen compensated handguns. The only one with significant flash and compared to a similar uncompensated model was in 357. But that's just me.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post