SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When did M&Ps get so cheap?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did M&Ps get so cheap? Login/Join 
posted
I was browsing a few sites and found 2.0 M&P 9s under $500 and 2.0 M&P 40s in the mid 300s!

Not complaining, but it almost seems "too cheap" for a carry gun. Smile

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're gonna hate this price then

https://grabagun.com/smith-and...t-9mm-15-1-4-fs.html

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Don't hate it at all. I have a 9, but just bought a 40 for $327 shipped. Crazy

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My guess is they are trying to pull market share from Glock, since most new Gen4&%s are in the $500-600 range.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
When S&W realized they had lost their "second place to Glock" market-share to SIG by not even being down-selected in any of the recent governments pistol tenders.

M&P was the "not-Glock" poly-striker pistol alternative. With many agencies including DoD choosing the P320, S&W has lost that appeal and price seems to be their marketing direction.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a M&P Shield 9 for $249 + shipping form PSA.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I bought two of the M&P 2.0 compacts with the 3.6" barrels for $349.00 each from Grab a Gun last fall.
That's a lot of gun for the money.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
After Trump won and panic gun sales halted.

Posts: 33574 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
They also had the $50 rebate last fall and after rebate they were going for around $329 if you bought from Grabagun. Nice pistols but do not fit me well.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
When the 2.0s were released in late 2017, there were already a lot of online deals under $400, so I don't think their prices have changed that much. S&W often puts out rebates for them too. The availability of the 4" and especially 3.6" barrel models are spotty though.

I think a better question is when or why have Springfield XDs gotten so cheap? You can get NIB XD9 "Defender Series" (rebranded original XD9) for under $300 now.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
$399 for a 3.6- and 4-inch 9mm at a LGS. I didn't think that was too bad. The transfer and TBI fees would eat up most of the savings over the online stores.

Posts: 27815 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
They are getting closer in price to what they are worth. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
They are getting closer in price to what they are worth. Wink Regards 18DAI

Probably accurate for every poly-striker out there. They charge what they can get, but are still making money at 60% of MSRP. There's really not much to them and the R&D is long since paid for.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I also think that most polymer striker guns should be in the $250-$350 range including Glocks and Sigs.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. $199 is too much.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:

Alrighty then. Seems like it's not the right pistol for you.

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Depami just buy a few hundred bucks worth of Apex parts. Then you can give the m&p everything the factory couldn't be bothered to! Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:

Could always get a Hi Point.

Posts: 4980 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Depami just buy a few hundred bucks worth of Apex parts. Then you can give the m&p everything the factory couldn't be bothered to! Smile

I think that was very true with the 1.0. Not sure Apex parts are really needed in the 2.0. It’s not a 1911, but mine feels about as good as my Glocks or VP9.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
To me they are great guns, even if at Glock prices. They happen to sell well below Glock prices so that makes them even better.

Posts: 9446 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post