SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P365 Login/Join 
posted
Just purchased a P365 yesterday. I got this to replace a Smith shield in 9mm. The size was the main thing I was looking for plus I have a hard time racking the Shield with the fish scale serrations, not enough grip. The Sig is pretty much the base model with a safety lever. The Sig takes care of the things I did not like about the Smith. Now just want to do a side by side shoot off.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board.

For me, the P365 replaced the Glock 19 as what I consider the ideal combination of size, shootability, and concealability. Fantastic little guns.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I have two and started carrying the XL version recently.

I like them both a lot. Sig's best pistol in years, imo.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I hope to have a P365 some day.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Welcome to THE forum!
I’ve had a P365 standard model for 2 1/2 years now, great CCW gun. As its name implies, it is my carry gun of choice 365 days a year.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my first P365XL Friday.

It feels perfect.

It's not too much bigger than my G43 but it's way smaller than the G19 and G23 that I let go some time back.

I went to get the magguts +2 spring/follower. So it will be very close to the capacity of the G19.

Also love the sights.

I waited some time to get into this model, as I waited for the known issues to be resolved.

I am very content sofar.

I have a Kusiak leather American on order now Smile

R65

This message has been edited. Last edited by: R65,

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 10, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The more I carry the 365 the more I realize what a perfect gun it is. Good trigger, light weight, small stature, very accurate, high capacity all in a small package.

I thought a good gun like that deserves a good holster, so, I have a Milt Sparks Summer 2 on its way. I was lucky it was actually in stock.

The one thing I didn’t like was the sights that came with it, so I swapped them out.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
The more I carry the 365 the more I realize what a perfect gun it is. Good trigger, light weight, small stature, very accurate, high capacity all in a small package.

I thought a good gun like that deserves a good holster, so, I have a Milt Sparks Summer 2 on its way. I was lucky it was actually in stock.

The one thing I didn’t like was the sights that came with it, so I swapped them out.

Did you find a MS holster in stock? I ordered one once, I had a birthday, an anniversary, maybe even sold the gun before it showed up. Was very nice stiff, thin horsehide! Excellent holstersSmile

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:

Did you find a MS holster in stock? I ordered one once, I had a birthday, an anniversary, maybe even sold the gun before it showed up. Was very nice stiff, thin horsehide! Excellent holstersSmile

Yes they did have it in stock. Seems like the Summer Special II and the VM2 are two holsters they try to keep in stock

I would have received it on Saturday but MS screwed up and mailed it to an address I lived at 10 years ago. It took More than half hour on the Phone with USPS Before we figured out where the holster actually went. Anyway, MS is a reputable company and they are mailing out a new holster on this Weds.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with it. I love mine.

Audemus jura nostra defendere

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not crazy about the sights, either.

What did you swap them for?

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool and welcome to the forum. I actually recently picked up a P365XL after staying away for a bit after the early issues. Having a shoot-off is a good idea since you don't really know until you do. Make sure you give it a few tries since you will still likely have familiarity with the other gun.

I like where the platform has gone and the ability to make it smaller or larger to fit what I'm doing is a good feature for me.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmfnla:
quote:

I'm not crazy about the sights, either.

What did you swap them for?

I swapped them out with Trijicon HD sights. For me, much better.