SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question about FFL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about FFL Login/Join 
Picture of accuracyINTL
posted
Hey all,

I bought a Sig P229 from an online retailer and had it shipped to a local FFL. Currently the tracking shows that the package is being held at the post office at the FFL's request. I have tried calling and sent an email so far... no response.

Anyone in here know if this is a "10 day rule" or is there a law in Ohio I am not aware of. Trying to figure out if this is normal or not.

I appreciate any insight.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Probably just means that he hasn’t had a chance to go get it. Typically, delivery services make 2 attempts before they return a package to the sender. If your local FFL has a second job during normal delivery hours, he probably isn’t there to sign for it and goes this route instead.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Probably just means that he hasn’t had a chance to go get it. Typically, delivery services make 2 attempts before they return a package to the sender. If your local FFL has a second job during normal delivery hours, he probably isn’t there to sign for it and goes this route instead.

I agree. Likely he either wasn't available to sign for it, or it arrived at the local post office after the delivery person had started on their route. I just had this happen with a gun I had sent in for some custom work. No big deal, usually just a slight delay.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by accuracyINTL:

Anyone in here know if this is a "10 day rule" or is there a law in Ohio I am not aware of. Trying to figure out if this is normal or not.

I appreciate any insight.

Agree with what everyone typed above, I'll do the same if I know I'm not going to be home to sign for something. Have it held for pickup.

And no, there is no 10 day wait or such in OH.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hopefully the online seller included your name as buyer so the ffl knows who to contact.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do they not have a storefront?

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just give the retailer the tracking number. Online dealers rarely put the customer's name on the outside of the package.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post