SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 stripped and 80% receivers: Project or expensive headache?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 stripped and 80% receivers: Project or expensive headache? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I have seen some 80% receiver kits for the P320 as well as some stripped factory receivers floating around.
I am curious to know if anyone has built one up? Are parts kits available? Are they expensive?
I like the idea of buying an upgraded trigger kit (GGI, Apex) and dropping it into a stripped receiver but I don't know if the other parts are prohibitively expensive or even available to those of us that aren't factory armorers.

What do you know?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Some 80% P320 info in this thread.... https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5090033524

Glock 17/19 seems to have been the standard for 80% pistol builds. I want to do one myself one day. some info on the P80's if you've not seen it. Tons of parts, but you don't save any money, and you have to want to build something. For me it's pretty much the satisfaction of saying "I built that" more than anything else, since you don't really save money.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5390093454

But, if P320 80% kits are there, then that might be even better.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10946 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
It seems like the stripped ones are the way to go. Less work for a cheaper price.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post