SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210-6 Super Target
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210-6 Super Target Login/Join 
posted
I am looking to purchase a P210-6 Super Target. Before doing so, I am doing my best to educate myself about these pistols.

I am currently looking two examples on auction sites.

One description includes 'Mastershop' in the title:

"Sig Sauer P210 Super Target 6in 9mm German Mastershop"

The other has effectively the same description, minus the 'Mastershop" verbiage. Both pistols have the same boxes, test target, etc., and appear to be identical.

My question is: was there a 'Mastershop" version of these German P210-6's? Or is this a case of a seller "fluffing" up the title?

Thanks!

Posts: 28 | Location: PacNW | Registered: March 22, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The "Super Target" name, when it comes to P210, is the German Mastershop nomenclature.

When you say P210-6, that's a Swiss made model. There's no German made "P210-6".

The Super Target can be had in 5 or 6-inch barrel, and the safety lever is of the 1911 style position, not the original P210 design. Was made in both black and silver finishes.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The "Super Target" name, when it comes to P210, is the German Mastershop nomenclature.

When you say P210-6, that's a Swiss made model. There's no German made "P210-6".

The Super Target can be had in 5 or 6-inch barrel, and the safety lever is of the 1911 style position, not the original P210 design. Was made in both black and silver finishes.

The ads on the various auction sites can be confusing and even misleading. Both pistols I am looking at are the German P210 Super Targets, not -6 Swiss models, regardless of their titles.

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated!

Posts: 28 | Location: PacNW | Registered: March 22, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No -6 was ever made in Germany. They are Swiss

The Super Target is German

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
No -6 was ever made in Germany. They are Swiss

Yes, I am looking at German Super Targets. The two I am considering are the dark finished models, just like the middle example in your photo. They are both 'new old stock'.

Curious: besides perusing the various auction sites, are there other options for finding Super Targets?

Gorgeous collection of pistols you have there!

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dom68:
...besides perusing the various auction sites, are there other options for finding Super Targets?

Put a WTB in the Classifieds.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
dom68, hope you win it, and cant wait to see pics later!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
dom68, hope you win it, and cant wait to see pics later!

I hope so too! Turns out posting a "WTB" in the classifieds has turned up some interesting options as well!

posted Hide Post
If you get past the normal Sig USA P220/P226 Sports and have questions let me know, it's a deep rabbit hole nearly a couple dozen variations my last count.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
If you get past the normal Sig USA P220/P226 Sports and have questions let me know, it's a deep rabbit hole nearly a couple dozen variations my last count.

I am only looking for the German models, not the 'normal' sports. I am primarily researching X5s, X6s, and Euro 210s.

I'd love to know more about the various models, if you have resources please let me know!

Thanks,
Dom

posted Hide Post
quote:

Follow-up question: what is a 210 Legend? From my reading, it started production in 2010 by SIG Sauer GMBH. How does this differ from the German Super Targets?

Thanks!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Of course they are not the same, but he P210 Legend was born as the German resurrection of the old Swiss classic gun, with the same classic safety lever.

There are two versions of the Legend, Legend and Legend Target. One with fixed rear sight, and the other with target rear sight. Also, there's an engraved limited edition.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course they are not the same, but he P210 Legend was born as the German resurrection of the old Swiss classic gun, with the same classic safety lever.

There are two versions of the Legend, Legend and Legend Target. One with fixed rear sight, and the other with target rear sight. Also, there's an engraved limited edition.

Thanks for the explanation, Q!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
FLKev, you pull that shit again and I can guarantee that you will regret it.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post