SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who here has the new P320 X-Compact?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here has the new P320 X-Compact? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
Does any Surefire or Streamlight lights fit the X-Compact? Without the ability to mount a light, the pistol would be a no go for me.

The TLR-3 fits it. But it's not Streamlight's best work. Flimsier and not as bright as their other offerings, bulkier than many of the other compact weaponlights, and few compatible holsters.

The TLR-1 and TLR-7 don't fit. Neither do Surefire's X300 or XC1.

I really, really wish they had made it with a Compact/Carry length slide and rail. One more notch and it could accept all the best weaponlights.

I really,really which they would also, and while they are at it, include a manual safety option for those who prefer one. IMHO,it’s clear the P320c, G19, M&P 4”inch 2.0 sized pistols are by far the most popular frame size for pistols for most people. IMHO, Sig dropped the ball on this,at least for now. It seems Sig always has so many new guns (pistols and rifles)coming out, but they are not fully refined before they are on to version 2 models.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's unfortunate.

One big black mark on an otherwise outstanding pistol.

I'm hopeful that some compatible duty-quality weaponlight will come down the pipe in the near future, negating that issue.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that. How dumb. Just like the HK45 Compact and the APX Compact and Centurion. The HK is perhaps the most egregious because there is plenty of room on the rail, but not enough slots.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P320c sized x compact frame with a manual safety option, is the *only* pistol that I would take over a Gen5 G19 with the new non cut out grip.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I didn't realize that. How dumb. Just like the HK45 Compact and the APX Compact and Centurion.

The 3.6" M&P 2.0 Compact has the same issue, as does the earlier generation M&P Compact. They have a rail, but it's not quite long enough to accept normal weaponlights.

Luckily, S&W also offers a marginally longer 4" M&P 2.0 Compact that has just enough rail.

That 4/10ths of an inch and one extra notch makes all the difference.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I just acquired a P320 X Compact. I like what Sig did change with the grip module and how it shoots. I don’t like the different mag floor plates and the incompatibility and confusion it creates. Sig should offer a rebate or exchange on the mag floorplates! Looking at additional mags, the prices get stupid. Did Sig hire staff from the Hk marketing team?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post