SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber Custom II back In The House
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Custom II back In The House Login/Join 
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted
Back quite a while I bought my first and only 1911, a Kimber Custom II. I really shot it well but couldn't come to grips with the "Cocked And Locked" carry and sold it to get I don't remember what. I always regretted that decision. Fast forward to today and I have a group of very reliable carry guns, P365 in warm weather and HK VP9 in cooler weather. But I still had several hundred rounds of .45 in my stash and nothing to shoot it with. Well I happened upon an immaculate Custom II on consignment at my LGS and for $600.00. I have a heavy duty big bore non-polymer tack driver once again. A quick lube and off to the range this morning. 225+/- rounds of FMJ and a couple different defensive choices and smiling ear to ear. Still had a couple Wilson Combat mags and she runs flawlessly. Won't be letting this one go.

Posts: 1655 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Nice.

I think the entry level Kimber’s are generally a pretty good firearm.

I may get a 10mm GFO model and have a local smith fit a .40 S&W barrel.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I bought a Custom Eclipse II in 10mm in the mid '90s.

Absolute garbage.

I was able to work on it a bit and get it to work properly, but only with the magazines it came with.

No other Kimber 10mm had the problems this one did, but it shot good enough to keep.

I sold all of my .45 Kimbers later, so now I only have the 10 and a Stainless Target 17.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Congrats! After a couple of small issues early on, my Kimber, custom II has quickly become one of my more favorite 1911’s to shoot. It’s very comfortable with the stock rubber grips and I have grown to like the fiber optic sight above the standard 3-dot picture. It’s plenty accurate even at speed and now it runs like a sewing machine.

Posts: 4646 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still have my Custom from years ago.

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 269 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have whatever their base model was in 1993. My LGS ordered a blem model, and it turned out the bluing salts were off on the slide, and it was "plum" from the get go. It shoots like a dream, and I was out the door with it. Years later, I was trading at another store and the dealer threw in a 22 cal conversion "to boot." I've been very happy with the outfit for years. I have had a number of other Kimber pistols, but have parted with the remainder, each had a flaw of some sort. I am quite pleased, however, with their K6s revolver.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post