SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So I took on a new caliber today……45 GAP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I took on a new caliber today……45 GAP Login/Join 
posted
I traded my buddy a Beretta LTT for the gun and 3k rounds of factory Speer ammo. 2 cases of Speer 140gr frangible and 1 case of Speer 200gr Gold Dot. Before the you are crazy for making that trade, I disliked the Beretta. It shot 4” low at 7 yds and my Wilson Combat and 92X Performance shot circles around it. I had about 1k into the gun and based on today’s market for 45 GAP ammo, it was like getting the gun for free.

I ran a box of the training ammo through the gun and what a soft shooter it is. Accurate to boot. I only dropped 6 rounds out of the black from 7, 10, 15, and 25 yds. I’ll take that all day. I even got every single piece of brass back to reload on an outdoor range. That never happens for me. All in all a great trade for me on a great shooting gun.

The FHP swapped to 9mm last year and many of their guns and ammo came through GT Distributors who is local to me in FL.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1102 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only Glock I've never shot or owned.
Looks in great shape and your guns are yours to trade, sell or whatever. If you like the trade, that's all that matters.
Enjoy.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I had a model 37 also. The ammo was easy to find and about the same as 45 Auto.

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have never thought about a GAP, but I would have taken that deal any day.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost bought one since GT distributors was selling the police trade in ammo so cheap by today’s standards a few months back!

Posts: 124 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 3rd gen 37. Back then ammo was difficult to find. I think you made a great trade.

Posts: 829 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s actually a market for 45 GAP?

I sure would like to shoot a LTT that shoots 4 inches low at 7 yards. Did you even consider calling Langdon and letting him address the issue assuming it wasn’t you?

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My FIL has the compact, whatever the model is. Ammo not easy to come by locally, but he enjoys it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15379 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought my issued 37 when I retired. Still like it, though I don’t use it much.

Posts: 280 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
There’s actually a market for 45 GAP?

I sure would like to shoot a LTT that shoots 4 inches low at 7 yards. Did you even consider calling Langdon and letting him address the issue assuming it wasn’t you?

There is always one. I assure you it shot 4” low and since this is a gentlemanly forum I will just leave it at, that particular gun did not work for me Smile .

Posts: 1102 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NY State Police used those for a while. Then they went back to 9MM -- probably to save money ...

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool Beans! I LOVE the .45 Gap, have had several G-37's & G-38's, still have an OD-Framed Third-Gen 37 that shoots VERY WELL...I stockpiled four or five Cases of Ammo back when I could get the FMJ Lawman stuff for $300 a Case & the Gold Dots were $100 a Case more... Smile

Posts: 650 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just got in a NIB Gen4 G37 in from one of our distributors; as neat as it is, there was no ammo that came along with it. Frown

I've only shot 45GAP once and that was at least a decade ago with a G38 Gen3. Really a very pleasant shooting round. Given that cache of ammo that you scored with your gun, I too would've done that deal. Essentially $300ish for all of that ammo? A definite no brainer to me.

-MG

Posts: 2014 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
NY State Police used those for a while. Then they went back to 9MM -- probably to save money ...

45ACP, not 9mm.

Posts: 450 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does being gentlemanly have to do with sending back a clearly defective gun? It either was structurally flawed or they installed the wrong height sights if it wasn’t shooter error. I would give the builder a chance to fix their mistake. That seems gentlemanly to me.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I bought a Gen 3 G37 about ten years ago. Love that gun. The feel of the G17/22 grip with the G21 slide balances perfectly in my hand. Shoots like a dream too. I really wish they made the G38 in Gen 4 flavor.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This is the ideal gun for those states that have ten round limits.

Sweet shooter.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
What does being gentlemanly have to do with sending back a clearly defective gun? It either was structurally flawed or they installed the wrong height sights if it wasn’t shooter error. I would give the builder a chance to fix their mistake. That seems gentlemanly to me.

I don’t think the gun had a defect and went back to the original owner who I got it from. It must have worked well for him as he wanted it back. It did however not work out well for me. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:

45ACP, not 9mm.

You are correct -- my mistake.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t stand the 92 series, with the slide mounted safety, fat ass grip! Good riddance, glad you found something you likeSmile The G10 grips might have helped mine, but I still hated racking the slide, and my fixed front night sight was dead.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post