SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help with lower sights…RXP slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with lower sights…RXP slide Login/Join 
Picture of gas226
posted
I got a great deal on a used p226 RXP slide with Romeo1 Pro. Im getting older and focusing on front sight is not what it used to be, plus all the kids are doing it. The issue is the sights are supresor height and very tall I wished they were flush with the Romeo so I can use the notch on the back of the Rome and a shorter front sight. anyone know what sights are shorter but still usable. These tall sights also limit the kind of holster I can use. I saw the Zev sights but don’t want a fiber optic. Let me know what you are using as far as sights on your optic ready slide..

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I just use the suppressor height sights on mine...most holsters that are cut for an optic are also designed to accomodate the taller sights.

I'm not sure what height front blade using the Romeo notch would require. Were I wanting to do what you are describing, I'd likely go with a Dawson front blade, but a little taller than I thought I'd need, and then just file it down to fit.

Posts: 8614 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
Are the regular sights on a p226 with optics cut for Romeo1 useful? Or are they too far down?

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one of my beefs with Sig, they provide a slide cut for optic, but put standard height sights on, so that if you go for an optic, you have to swap out sights to have backup irons.

This is what I use to go with the optic - get the suppressor height set:

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/xray-sght-

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
Thanks that narrows it down…. What tipo of owb holster can you use with the supresor height sights…I’m looking for something to use in IDPA carry optics…

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The XRay3 suppressor height sights cowitness with the Romeo 1 Pro. If you want something with lower sights, you'll have to get a plate for a Holosun 507k or RomeoZero to cowitness with a regular front sight.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I misread your original post and thought you were looking for sights to go with newly acquired optic...

I've used Blade Tech OWB for classes. It's been years since I purchased, but I think this is the model I have:
https://blade-tech.com/product...ariant=8169847488602

It has clearance for both optic and suppressor height sights. I only use this for classes.

Normally I'm carrying AIWB with a JM Custom holster made to clear optic/sights.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gas226:
Are the regular sights on a p226 with optics cut for Romeo1 useful? Or are they too far down?

The top of the notch in my Romeo 1 Pro is just a hair shorter than my suppressor-height rear sight, so a standard height factory front sight would be significantly too low.

I use a Safariland 6360, but it's a retention duty holster and likely not what you are after. Off duty, I have a Desantis SpeedLight. Both accommodate the optic and the taller sights.

Posts: 8614 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice.. I’ll learn to use. My supresor sights and as far as holster looks like a blade tech or safari land will work..