SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11A1 Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a new M11A1! Been a striker fired shooter most of the time! DA needs some work but the SA is right on target!!
Just looking for some feedback on those that shoot the M11A1 and their break in journey!
My carry is a basic 365 with 12 round magazine.
Thanks!
Steve

Posts: 35 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There's no break in. As with all classic metal SIGs, just lube it well and shoot.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't have it already, get the Short Reset Trigger kit (part# PKIT-SRT-226-227-229). These should come standard on all P-classics.

The Short Reset kit is not to be confused w/ Sig's Short Reach Trigger, which is also abbreviated as SRT. If you want shorten your finger's reach to the trigger, then get the Short Reach Trigger kit.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys!
The SRT is very good! I have no issue with that.

My main question was ....Does the DA lighten up with use? Coming from a striker fired background of 18 years my DA pull needs some Reps! I've had to use more trigger finger on this and feels much better and shots are right on!
Steve

Posts: 35 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the SRT.

Also, SIGs do wear in or your Finger gets stronger.

If your pistol doesn't have an SRT out of the box look at the gray guns version. It comes with a nice sear and lighter hammer springs. I installed it in my 229 and made the trigger much nicer. According to the SIG Website, the M11A1 ships with the SRT installed. You could still purchase and drop in the reduced weight springs. The Gray guns springs are 19 pounds and the factory is around 24 pounds IIRC.

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree on getting the finger stronger or better placement especially with the DA pull!!
Love the Flat trigger on my 365! Was looking at an Armory Craft Flat trigger upgrade!
Will shoot the curved factory for a while to break in better and possibly upgrade to Flat.
Love it so far!! SA is smooth!!
Appreciate the feedback!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The M11-A1 comes already equipped with the SRT, in addition to the skinny trigger. And, don't expect the DA to get much better with use.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my M11-A1 to Gerry Ritacco ( Total Automation ), ask about the QTR system that eliminates the SRT. Also get a Level II Trigger package that includes a hammer modification and original style Sig sear. Gerry did mine this way and it's perfect DA. Just an idea.

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M11A1...good/great pistol. I have ~3000 rounds through mine...shot Distinguished with it out at Front Sight 6 yrs ago...If it ever malfunctioned, I can't remember the incident. For a duty gun, where capacity and 9mm are required, I'd be hard pressed to name a better one for my use.

I've been a 1911 shooter for over 50 years now, and like/love the grip angle, thickness and position of controls. That said, most Sigs feel a bit fat in the grip to my hand...but I shoot them well. Adjusting from a SA 1911 mode of fire to the DA transition to SA fire took a bit of work, and I mastered it in far less time than I originally thought possible.

As a civilian, I daily carry a P365 when going to town based on its size and moderate capacity plus I shoot it well...so my M11A1 is pretty much a range gun...but ya never know...if I thought its superior capacity were necessary for my life style, I'd have no qualms about carrying it.

YMMv Rod

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rodfac,

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
I sent my M11-A1 to Gerry Ritacco ( Total Automation ), ask about the QTR system that eliminates the SRT. Also get a Level II Trigger package that includes a hammer modification and original style Sig sear. Gerry did mine this way and it's perfect DA. Just an idea.

If GerryR still isn't accepting any new work contact Robert Burke TheSigArmorer. He is one of a few smith if not the only GerryR trusts to install his pieces. Robert will also sit down with you and recommend the best way to provide you with the best action work to meet your needs.
Roberts work is second to non imo and even though he has grown as a company his turnaround times are still around a few weeks with reasonable pricing plus he stands behind his work.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Genorogers:

You're correct Mustang....I only knew Robert Burke that was authorized by Gerry to do the QTR.

I

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Love mine, I sent it to SIG to smooth out the trigger a bit more with the AEP service. Very happy with the gun and the slightly smoother/lighter pull.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20739 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Love mine, I sent it to SIG to smooth out the trigger a bit more with the AEP service. Very happy with the gun and the slightly smoother/lighter pull.

I did the same. Excellent results

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to swap out the hammer spring to improve trigger. All my 229s and 226s etc. get an 18 lb Wolf hammer spring. It helps a lot without having any light strikes. I believe the stock spring is 20 pound.

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post