SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 239, 9mm, SAS, Custom Shop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 239, 9mm, SAS, Custom Shop Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up my new to me Sig P239, SAS, Custom Shop, 9mm (mfg. 5-2014).

I contacted the selling dealer and questioned whether or not these grips were from Karl Nill from Germany. He just responded that all he knew they were “walnut” grips!

Well the first thing I checked when I picked up the gun today was that they were indeed Nill grips.

These grips list for about $207 new and certain,y add to the value of my P239..

This is my second P239. The first one on the left started life as a 40 cal and now has a Sig .357 barrel, mags, corrected sights, and most recently a set of G-10 grips.

I did have a plain P239, 9mm, that I sold to a high end west Michigan dealer over 5 years ago for $750! This one I got today will replace that one (never to be sold).

Trooper Joe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Trooper Joe,

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty, Joe!

Posts: 9225 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You don't even need to open it up. Says right there on the outside, left panel, "KN". Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27566 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good looking pistola, I have 3 239s, one of which is a 9mm sas. Enjoy it!

Posts: 1685 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have one that rattles like a marimba,lol

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Those are nice, I have had two or three of them. One of Sigs best looking models IMO.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2806 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found out that the slide stop spring is missing. I have three of them coming my way. Does anyone know how to replace these springs?

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trooper Joe:
I just found out that the slide stop spring is missing. I have three of them coming my way. Does anyone know how to replace these springs?

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

It's a little squiggly spring that goes in the side of the locking insert.

1. Remove the slide

2. Remove the takedown lever (spin it around a while pushing towards the port side of the gun...once you have enough pushed out that you can grasp it, grab twist and pull it out).

3. Decock the hammer

4. Pull the locking insert up and out towards the front of the gun. Don't move the trigger pivot pin or the slide stop lever while you're doing this, or you'll have to re-position them to get everything back together.

5. Install the spring into the hole in the locking insert as shown.

6. Provided you haven't moved anything, you should be able to slide the locking insert with spring back into the gun in a reverse manner to dissasembly.

7. Replace the takedown lever...there's a flat cutout on the bottom of the starboard circular end of the part that should be oriented downward when you first insert it as it allows you to clear the spring and then cam it out of the way when you rtoate the lever.

8. Re-install the slide and function check...assuming it passes you're done.

Posts: 9225 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks 92fstech

I just found that spring (it is still there) and I removed and replaced the block assembly just as you said. With the slide removed, for some reason, when the slide removal lever is pointed downward, there is no downward spring pressure on the hold open device. However, if I rotate the slide removal lever in the normal position (with the slide still off the gun) the hold open device is now in contact with the spring and there is downward pressure. My other P239 does not do that and there seems to always be downward spring pressure.

I think that the spring that is currently in my new SAS gun, may be slightly shorter than it should be. When I rotate the slide removal lever to the “lock” position, the spring is pushed slightly to the rear and then comes in contact with the slide stop lever.

Since I have 3 new ones coming, I will install a new spring.

Thanks again,

Trooper Joe

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is for the P229, but that part replacement procedure is the same. Start at 7:32. Make sure you decock the hammer first. Once the locking insert is pulled out, the slide catch lever spring falls out as shown in the video.

I guess in your case, it's not even there to fall out. Strange. Just put the new spring in and put the locking insert back. But, you need to pay attention to the proper orientation of the trigger pivot pin, because that thing tends to move and rotate easily, when the locking insert is out.

The "slots" (the vertical arrows) are really supposed to be facing forward/slanted down, but not completely down. When they are in their correct position mentioned, the external slot facing the left side of the frame (red arrow) will be in the horizontal position. If it's not horizontal, the locking insert won't go back in.

Also important is that the slide catch lever must be in contact with the frame, when sliding the locking insert into the frame. Otherwise, no go.

Q

Posts: 27566 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trooper Joe:
Thanks 92fstech

I just found that spring (it is still there) and I removed and replaced the block assembly just as you said. With the slide removed, for some reason, when the slide removal lever is pointed downward, there is no downward spring pressure on the hold open device. However, if I rotate the slide removal lever in the normal position (with the slide still off the gun) the hold open device is now in contact with the spring and there is downward pressure. My other P239 does not do that and there seems to always be downward spring pressure.

I think that the spring that is currently in my new SAS gun, may be slightly shorter than it should be. When I rotate the slide removal lever to the “lock” position, the spring is pushed slightly to the rear and then comes in contact with the slide stop lever.

Since I have 3 new ones coming, I will install a new spring.

Thanks again,

Trooper Joe

It could be that the spring is just worn out. There's a cutout in the area of the takedown lever where it interfaces with the spring when rotated into its downward (disassembly) position. This relieves some of the spring tension on the slide stop lever spring, so if it's already fatigued to the point of being marginal, that may be why it seems to be doing nothing when the lever is down, but the added pressure when rotated into the locked position still provides enough tension to operate the slide catch.

Or maybe the tip is broken off.

You are correct, though...what you are experiencing isn't right. My P239, as well as my other P-Series guns, still have plenty of tension on the slide stop lever even with the lever rotated down.

Whatever the case, I'll bet a new spring solves your problem.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Pretty gun. I believe that's a gen 2 SAS since it's da/sa. I have a couple of regular 239s. Great little guns.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8011 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Pretty gun. I believe that's a gen 2 SAS since it's da/sa. I have a couple of regular 239s. Great little guns.

I believe you are correct.
My Gen 1 P239 SAS was DAK.

It came with Sig wood grips.

After some CCR work..

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever the case, I'll bet a new spring solves your problem.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Just got my shipment of three springs. Put a new one in and problem is solved.

Thanks for all the advice gang.

Trooper Joe

Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
You lucky dog. I'm sure there are cult supporters for every model, but I really don't understand discontinuing the 239

There's a man with a pointy stick at the door!

Posts: 488 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post