SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Sig P-226, KA, bought in 1990 whenI went to work as a Deputy since weapons were not bought by the department. Worn finish and sent to Sig for a SSP twice. Excellent trigger and is next to me on the sofa as I type this.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have that one gun? That old friend if you will.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to give the nod to my '68 Python. My Dad let me shoot it when I was 7yrs old(helping me of course), was the first gun I EVER shot! I prefer my 9mms, but that gun is nothing but good memories and comfort! It doesn't hurt the gun shoots like a laser beam!

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be my P228 2-tone. It stays in the case by the "go bag" with a few extra mags... but occasionally it has to go to the range with me, and I fall in love all over again.

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I had the same gun. Loved it. It showed up missing one day. I miss it.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Marlin 336C in .35 Remington. No scope. Bought it ages ago one Christmas when home on leave from the Navy.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
My old friend.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Henry, I adjusted the photo and took the magenta and red out of the photo. It looks a lot better. I can send it to you if you want to re post it.
Mike

quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
Beretta 92FS, bought in the mid-90s. It was my first gun purchase. Used it for several training classes. Despite being too big for my hands I frequently did my best shooting with it. Probably the most reliable gun I've ever owned, including Glock and S&W revolvers. The 92 and a S&W Model 10 are the only guns I've owned that have never malfunctioned.

It's currently serving HD duty, loaded with 147gr HST.

Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington 870 Special Purpose in 12 gauge from the mid 1980's that I inherited from my dad. It is indeed an old friend.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Nope,. I should, but I don't.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
S&W 65-5 3"

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to say this... but a Glock 34. I've just spent so much time training and shooting it, it feels at home in my hand.

Posts: 14 | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Old model 700, made when Remington made guns instead of business deals. It's a 308. I've been wanting a Tikka 7-08 but every time I shoot the 700 I decide not to. The trigger and me just get along. I surprise myself when I really concentrate how accurate I am with that rifle.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them.

My P-226 that I came on the job with. Now, I shoot it every couple of years. But accurate as hell! I put it in my hand, and after the 2nd or 3rd round to get re-acquainted, it is kinda like a "Hey buddy, how you doing" moment.

Now, I can shoot 1911's reasonably well. I know the grip angle, the trigger... I've think I've put enough rounds down range in one of them to be able to hit something near the bullseye.But I have a 1911 that an old friend of mine (who actually REALLY knew what he was doing) put together. Nothing crazy special... But THAT ONE? The second it's in my hand, my mind says "Yep." and it just goes where I want it to.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Browning Hi Power, bought in 1990. Still my favorite carry gun. When I take it out shooting, it never lets me down.

Posts: 117 | Location: Schererville, IN | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
P226 Combat, my first pistol. I have "nicer" more accurate pistols now, but you never forget your first lol. A lot of rounds through this gun, and I still use it for IDPA; 10M target, nothing special there - but she still shoots straight.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
a 38 SW police issue my grandfather gave me. I've shot it liek five times, but its still a great gun

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W model 17 that belonged to my uncle. I have had it since the late seventies.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
My trusty old P226.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Les Baer TRS in hard chrome. I've had it 15 years and every time I pick it up I smile. It just fits and I have complete confidence in it.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
My P229R in 357 SIG. I've battled with rheumatoid arthritis for several years and it is so much more natural/painless for me to shoot than my issued P220 .45 ACP. I am about to do the unheard of, and request permission to carry it as my duty weapon. Our policy allows us to do so, but I am unaware of anyone doing so in the last 12 or so years. I intend to. It is like night and day for me.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post