SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG mag shortage?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG mag shortage? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
Or, could it be a marketing scheme to scrape customers from dealers and redirect the accessory business to the Sig Store? Just thinking out loud here...

My guess. That way they got your email address and can bombard you with accessory deals every couple of days.
Anyone know, did they stop the monthly gun give away?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live 15 minutes from the Sig Pro Shop. I only own two Sig pistols, a P210 Standard and a P238. I buy my 238 mags from Metalform and they are about $17. They appear to be the exact mag, minus markings, that Sig sells for $37. They can keep them.
The P210 is a different bird, since nobody seems to make a good aftermarket mag, Sig is the only place to go. They sell factory 8-round P210 Target mags for $39. I buy all they have every time I go there. Normally they only have one or two, and I think I am up to 13 or 14 of them.
The last three months? Not a single 210 mag at Sig. If the mothership doesnt have them, I can only assume lots of other folks dont have them.
A few online suppliers have marked up their price on them enough that its worth waiting, for me.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had no problem getting Sig and Mec-gar 15 and 20 round magazines for my 226 and 229 this week. My LGS and Osage County for the 229, and SIG had stock for the 226-20 round mags when I ordered Monday evening, and my order shipped with no delay, with tracking showing it will arrive Monday upcoming.

It’s true that getting Mec-gar 20 round 226 magazines is difficult right now. Italy has been hit hard.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our most recent shipment of P365XL’s came with 2 mags again so maybe supply on mags is catching up.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s true that getting Mec-gar 20 round 226 magazines is difficult right now. Italy has been hit hard.

This ^^^
Since MecGar produces mags for SIG, this has to be the #1 reason for the shortage.
Italy.

That leaves CheckMate and "Circle J" to draw from if they are running.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put in the claim for my 2nd mag for my 365xl

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
PSA: Received an email from SIG this AM....SIG SAUER MAGAZINES BACK IN STOCK Cool

"Great news - SIG SAUER magazines are back in stock! If you purchased a SIG SAUER pistol recently that included a coupon code for magazine redemption, head over to the SIG Webstore and pick up your mags!

Those magazines include:

★ P320/M17 17 RD + 21RD Coyote
★ P320 XFIVE LEGION 17RD
★ P320 10RD
★ P365 10-RD & 12-RD

Don't see your mags on this list? Be sure to browse the entire magazine category to see if your favorite magazines are back in stock."

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Supposedly on YouTube, the shortage was mostly for the P320 mags. It was one part MecGar closing in Italy for CoVID and the US Govt jumping the line for M17/M18 magazines, leading to the shortage.

I would have thought Checkmate would also be producing P320 magazines, but all of mine have been “Made in Italy.”

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tommybluechevy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
PSA: Received an email from SIG this AM....SIG SAUER MAGAZINES BACK IN STOCK Cool

"Great news - SIG SAUER magazines are back in stock! If you purchased a SIG SAUER pistol recently that included a coupon code for magazine redemption, head over to the SIG Webstore and pick up your mags!

Those magazines include:

★ P320 XFIVE LEGION 17RD
★ P320 10RD
★ P365 10-RD & 12-RD

Don't see your mags on this list? Be sure to browse the entire magazine category to see if your favorite magazines are back in stock."

Hi. Im new to the forum. I bought my 365 two weeks ago, filled out the registration and magazine redemption info.
Everything eent through smoothly. I received an email a few days ago stating the magazines were back in stock, as you posted.
I called Sig to ask an appx timeline to expect my magazine. The rep told me the magazine redemption orders were not supplied from in stock mags. That they were separate.
I think thats really not right. My gun was supplied short one magazine. Sig should fulfill the redemptions before selling them to the public.
Wow, sorry for the first post rant, but I think Sig is wrong to do that.

Posts: 8 | Location: Massapequa NY | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tommybluechevy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommybluechevy:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Those magazines include:

★ P320 XFIVE LEGION 17RD
★ P320 10RD
★ P365 10-RD & 12-RD

Hi. Im new to the forum. I bought my 365 two weeks ago, filled out the registration and magazine redemption info.
Everything eent through smoothly. I received an email a few days ago stating the magazines were back in stock, as you posted.
I called Sig to ask an appx timeline to expect my magazine. The rep told me the magazine redemption orders were not supplied from in stock mags. That they were separate.
I think thats really not right. My gun was supplied short one magazine. Sig should fulfill the redemptions before selling them to the public.
Wow, sorry for the first post rant, but I think Sig is wrong to do that.

An apology of sorts here. Sig was excellent with regards to getting the magazine shipped out. Total time frame was about 10 days.
I was happy to see the magazine was Made in Italy. I have purchased 2 more on Ebay, came in factory packages, but stamped made in USA
Function perfectly, but curios as to the non Italian made. Covid related?

Posts: 8 | Location: Massapequa NY | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post