SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recoil spring for a P229 Elite Stainless
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil spring for a P229 Elite Stainless Login/Join 
posted
I have a P229 Elite Stainless. This is an early model with the German (S/S) frame and short extractor. I am the original owner. Because of the mass of the slide, the factory recoil spring has always seemed light for the gun. I'm not sure of the the weight, but I'm thinking 17#. I generally run 115gr ammo through it, and I'm thinking of moving up to a 19# spring. Occasionally I'll run 124gr or 147gr. I also have a 21# spring in my stash. Any thoughts?

Posts: 128 | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
According to Wolff Springs, factory standard is 16 lbs for the P225, 228 and 229 (9).

Q

Posts: 26428 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Doesn't GreyGuns offer extra power “pink” springs for such needs. They are similarly built springs to a factory spring. “Coiled muti-strand” verses Wolffs single strand design.

Posts: 18044 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post