SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted
It appears SIG no longer makes these all steel? I’m not buying an alloy frame 10mm.

I’ve seen conflicting information on specs from dealers/sales sites. Including the SIG site.

Posts: 7 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: February 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
The P220 .45acp is an alloy frame and the P220 10mm is a stainless frame per the specs on Sigs website.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1071 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Got a link?

I don't see any alloy frame 10mm's on their (SIG) site.
Only the SS frame Legion and the poly frame P320 X5's.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s no aluminum P220 10mm that I know of. It’s steel for a reason

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posts: 1 | Location: Oregon | Registered: February 22, 2019

I rarely post, but how is that possible?
Smile

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:

Smile

testing

Hmmm, tried responding, no luck.

Posts: 7 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: February 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:

Smile

Holy SigSauer Batman, I coulda swore I posted at least once. That’s about when I got my P226 transitional I guess.

I’m on multiple forums, Files (AK & FAL), gunboards, snipers hide, etc etc

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

Literally every web store and every GB P220 10 lists frame as alloy.

Has anyone bought one of these 10mm (OReady, Legion, PSAIT) in the last 3 months? SIG is notorious for changing things/stopping production without warning.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You should call SIG and ask.

Posts: 107649 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rurallife:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

Has anyone bought one of these 10mm (OReady, Legion, PSAIT) in the last 3 months? SIG is notorious for changing things/stopping production without warning.

I own enough to tell you they are steel framed.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6326 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Agreed, it is steel framed and I bought one in the last 3 months.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some of the listed specs on GB are just cut and paste jobs done by people who don't know the details, don't care and just rush to make deadlines. They are incorrect. Same goes for whatever webstores you were browsing. But, there are many on GB who list the correct specs. The P220 10mm is all steel.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents! Now to decide if I really want/need one. Another caliber to stockpile as well.

I passed on my plans to do a MCX 300bo a few years back. These P220 10’s aren’t cheap, by any stretch.

Thanks again!

posted Hide Post
I have a seller in mind. He actually contacted SIG today and confirmed they are still SS.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
These P220 10’s aren’t cheap, by any stretch.

Thanks again!

Don't pay the insane prices folks are asking. I paid less than 1K for all of mine during the recent price increase craze. The ONLY one I would consider going up to $1100 or so for would be the Lipseys model that was indeed all "stainless" with no finish.

Posts: 6326 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
These P220 10’s aren’t cheap, by any stretch.

Thanks again!

Don't pay the insane prices folks are asking. I paid less than 1K for all of mine during the recent price increase craze. The ONLY one I would consider going up to $1100 or so for would be the Lipseys model that was indeed all "stainless" with no finish.

Can you pm me how I can do that? I really can’t afford $1,600.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Simple answer is be patient. Use multiple forums and auction sites, I still find them for less than 1k now but you have to be patient.

Put up wtb ads and wait for something to come your way. For me the search is more fun than the gun sometimes.