SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would you buy a Glock with a Sig grip angle?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you buy a Glock with a Sig grip angle? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I always said I would buy a Glock if it had the Sig grip. I have had over a dozen Glocks over the years, and sold them all because of the grip. Loved the reliability and durability, but could not get past the grip angle- it forced my finger to rub on the trigger guard.

So when Sig came out with the P320, I was, and still am, very happy. The 320compact fits me better than any G19, and has been just as durable and reliable, and more accurate. Maybe that is why I have a full size 9mm and 45, and a compact 9mm, compact 40S&W, and 45, along with a full size 40 S&W conversion kit. Need to work on the 357 Sig next.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The grip angle is what makes a Glock a Glock. That is never going to change.

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USAFA71:
...but could not get past the grip angle- it forced my finger to rub on the trigger guard.

I had the exact same problem with the G20 I owned briefly. A friend told me to “just take a Dremel to it”. I said I won’t do that and sold it instead.

I’d buy one again if the grip angle were SIG-like.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3971 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Food for thought why wouldn't I just buy any number of other world class plastic striker fired offering that glut the market with a normal grip angle. SIG, Walther, Smith, HK just to name a few.

So no, I wouldn't be more likely to run out and get a Glock simply with a different grip angle. (I own Glocks I don''t love em' but like them well enough).

That said I would likely buy a Glock with a grip that wasn't made for life sized lego mini fig hands and real sights. Like a Glock with an HK P2000 or P30 grip....yes please.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7685 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by USAFA71:
...but could not get past the grip angle- it forced my finger to rub on the trigger guard.

I had the exact same problem with the G20 I owned briefly. A friend told me to “just take a Dremel to it”. I said I won’t do that and sold it instead.

I’d buy one again if the grip angle were SIG-like.

Same here. I really want to like Glocks but the M&P series fits me so much better.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^Yep. My EDC is a Shield 9 and I shoot it as well as my 226.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3971 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
The Glock's grip angle does not seem to bother me, I too like my Sigs grip angle, I like both just fine.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No, people who need a SIG angle have the P320 to buy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcop143
posted Hide Post
Glock grip angle makes me work much harder to get the accuracy I get with Sigs, M&Ps, etc. That being said, it’s hard not to appreciate the simplicity of Glock. Not that I don’t have any Glocks in the safe, but I did pick up a Nomad 9 frame to throw my Gen4 19 MOS upper on. The possibility of having Glock engineering and simplicity in a more ergonomic (for me) frame was worth a shot. We’ll see what happens.

Posts: 103 | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
The only Glock that fits my hand perfectly is the 42, very accurate as well. I have owned a 43 and a 17, both are long gone, never liked how they felt in the hand.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in the 'You will buy a Glock' thread, somebody pointed out that the grip angles on a Glock and a 1911 are essentially the same, and that the real difference is the big-ass hump on the lower part of the Glock backstrap. Whatever, I found with my friend's Glocks that if I gripped them the same way I do a 1911, they were pointed at the sky and I had to cock my wrist down uncomfortably to get them to line up on the target. I picked a Gen 4 G21 with the smaller hump a little while back, and it fits me a LOT better, enough so that I bought it.

[ETA] I could see myself acquiring a Gen 5 G19 at some point, maybe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post