SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I like my g43x so I guess I'll get a g48 next
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I like my g43x so I guess I'll get a g48 next Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Threw out a low bid on one on gunbroker and damned if I didn't win. Not sure what I'll do with it but the 43x is a good shooter so this one should be even better.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I’m slowly coming around on these. I took my 43’s +2 mag into a shop to compare to a 43x/48 grip and damn if it wasn’t longer than the Slimlines.

What was the bid that one you the gun if you don’t mind me asking?

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t believe it. A guy came in with a G43X with less than a box through it. Trijicons installed & I liked it more than I thought I would. I laid it away and will pick it up next week. Now for extra mags..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
Sweet. I’m slowly coming around on these. I took my 43’s +2 mag into a shop to compare to a 43x/48 grip and damn if it wasn’t longer than the Slimlines.

I know where you can get rid of your 43 Gibby!

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

$451 with factory ameriglos.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I said 10 years ago GLOCK should make a single stack g19 with at least a 10 round mag. They would sell a ton. They finally did it.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
The G48 was substantially that I handled was definitely smaller than a G19.

The grip length is about the same as a G43 with a finger rest baseplate on the mag (Pearce +0 or +1), and the G48 slide and barrel just a bit longer. The 43X isn't substantially larger than the 43. The 48 isn't substantially larger than either one, and I can certainly see a place for something like the 48 for inside the waistband.

For now the G43 is a great extra in the pocket, easy to draw, easy to shoot, thinner than a j-frame, quicker to reload, with a slightly higher capacity, so no need for me for the G43X...but the G48 does attract.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no practical difference between the 43x and 48. They are both belt guns. The 43 is pocketable so it is really in a separate category.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post