SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P10C After 700 Rounds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P10C After 700 Rounds Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
After 700 rounds the slide will go into battery when firmly seating a full magazine.
This is the first hiccup from mine.
Also have yet to notice a lighter trigger pull with use.
Otherwise, it is still one the most comfortable striker fired pistols I've shot and accuracy is still better than most, but not remarkable as some have found. It does still cycle, without incident, all the types of ammo I feed it.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t call that a hiccup a lot of semiauto handguns do that.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
All of my polymer framed CZ's auto forward when you slam a mag in. Saves me a few tenths in matches. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CZ 75 does the same thing when inserting magazine. Is it possible they're supposed to do that? I have about 2,000 rounds thru mine

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Try not to think of it as a problem but a feature instead..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I thought this was touted as a feature when the gun was announced?

My P10CSR does it every time. I got it when it first came out.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Mine never did this until today, that I've noticed. Surprised me.
I can see how this would be useful.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems every few months this comes up. It is pure physics and can happen on nearly any semi auto pistol. The only one I can think of that it won’t is the M&P 2.0 because they added some design to prevent it.

If you don’t understand the physics, an object at rest tends to stay at rest. So when you jar the frame with up and forward motion, the slide doesn’t move right away. So the slide isn’t pushing against the catch, the catch retracts (assisted by the same effect to a lesser degree by the upward motion of the frame) and the slide can go home.

If it really bothers you, keep a tight recoil spring and work on only enough force to properly seat the mag and try to keep it vertical.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Try not to think of it as a problem but a feature instead..

Thanks todd howard. Razz

I seem to only notice this feature on guns when ive had some trigger time with them. Whether thats because im used to them and begin to increase speed and aggressiveness, i dont know. But i do like when i can drive a mag home and it releases the slide. Slide releases can be small or stiff (i avoid extended releases) and the slingshot method takes additional time and training to get it smoothly.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my CZs do this!

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I have 2 CZ's a P-01 and a P-06 neither one of them does this. Neither does my Beretta M9 but on the other hand my colt 1911 does.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
All of my polymer framed CZ's auto forward when you slam a mag in. Saves me a few tenths in matches. Smile

I used to shoot an M&P in comp, loved that feature.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slide going forward on insertion of the mag is not a feature, it is a flaw. Whether out-of-spec parts, wear, or poor design, the result is an uncontrolled event.

Posts: 85 | Location: NEPA | Registered: February 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oscars father:
The slide going forward on insertion of the mag is not a feature, it is a flaw. Whether out-of-spec parts, wear, or poor design, the result is an uncontrolled event.

Must be a LOT of flawed guns out there.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by Oscars father:

Must be a LOT of flawed guns out there.

Most definitely. There a ton of flawed pistols out there. Apparently including a $1200 pistol I bought day before yesterday. Oh did I mention I’m banging a 1.4 sec slide lock reload?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say "Yes", there are a lot of flawed pistols out there. Either by design or flaw. I am not terribly well read up on all manner of handguns but I've yet to see the described condition listed as a "feature" on a spec sheet or enumerated in a manual.

Posts: 85 | Location: NEPA | Registered: February 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slide stop by Takata? Smile

posted Hide Post
Also to clarify, I am not criticizing the OP's firearm or choice thereof. My observation of the described condition is mostly exhibited in the S&W M&P. Ruger is the 2nd most commonly seen, again, these are merely what I've seen. In both examples the manufacturer eliminated the condition on return. The Springfield XDS was recalled because of an AD when the slide closed on a loaded magazine despite the absence of a finger on the trigger. I also saw a fellow DQ'd on the final stage of a match because his firearm discharged when the slide closed upon loading. (He swore up and down he did not have his finger on the trigger) I broke the ejector in a $1700 firearm while ramming a magazine home. The ejector was too long. Stuff happens, tolerance stacking, bad batches, all is likely with man made devices.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
My most used CZ Shadow 2 with 8k through but a new 14lb recoil spring has started doing it. There is some slight wear on the slide stop.

This has not been an issue as I use my support hand thumb to release the slide as I re-grip and so is no worry. Same on the TSO.

I’ve not noticed it on the polymer guns oddly, though I have much less rounds on them.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post