SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X5 Tactical in .40SW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X5 Tactical in .40SW Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
New score at my LGS, an X5 Tactical model (I think). Has the test target and two factory mags plus extras but not the original case, label or manual.

Any ideas on rough date? I'm thinking before 2016 or so since DE marked but no numerical year...no proof codes other than BD on the barrel so US-assembled? BD shows as 2013.

Also...Bar-Sto still the best option for a 357SIG barrel for it?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barsto, yes

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I've got the exact same pistol in .40 and also wondered about the date (I'm not original owner). My S/N is prior to yours (909974) but the barrel has BE, which would be after yours if that's the date. Doesn't make sense unless the barrels were stocked separately and they just pulled one from stock when they were doing the final assembly. K. Littschwager was also the one who test fired and signed my target.

And, yes, Bar-Sto is the way to go. As you can see, I've got one of their threaded 9mm barrels in mine.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
New score at my LGS, an X5 Tactical model (I think). Has the test target and two factory mags plus extras but not the original case, label or manual.

Any ideas on rough date? I'm thinking before 2016 or so since DE marked but no numerical year...no proof codes other than BD on the barrel so US-assembled? BD shows as 2013.

Also...Bar-Sto still the best option for a 357SIG barrel for it?

You did well, that's one fine shootin iron. Finding a.40 is going to get harder.

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post