SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Luger P 07 pistols in 10mm & .45ACP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Luger P 07 pistols in 10mm & .45ACP Login/Join 
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted
I was looking around on the web today trying to find out what a shooter grade Luger looked like and what the going price was.

Then I found this site.

https://lugerman.com/

Blued and Stainless Luger's in 10mm and .45ACP.
Almost $10,000 for a long barrel model in 10mm.

Stainless "Classic" in .45ACP photos here:
https://lugerman.com/product/l...7-classic-stainless/

Blued "Hunter" in 10mm photos here:
https://lugerman.com/product/luger-10mm-1907-hunter/

I guess I better start saving my lunch money...

"45 Auto is currently manufactured and available for sale in limited quantities.

2019 is a 3rd year of manufacture for our 45 Lugers.

Manufacturing is based on blueprints taken off the original 45 ACP Luger made at DWM Germany in 1907 under supervision of Georg Luger himself for US Army Trials of 1907 for a new 45 caliber handgun.

Luger 45 is milled out of solid block of 4140 high quality gun metal. All parts are produced in USA on CNC milling machines at LugerMan Inc. in Levittown PA. Every part is made in house. Guns are finished with Classic Slow Rust Blue finish with fully checkered walnut grips.

Identical in looks and function to a Classic 1900 – 1906 – P08 Model Lugers, Luger 45 is fitted with grip safety and loaded chamber indicator. Luger has been prized as a natural pointer because of the high grip angle. Luger also known as a soft and accurate shooter because of unique toggle action. Short recoil travel and light weight of moving parts make felt recoil virtually nonexistent. Iconic looks of a Luger are recognized by everyone and have been admired by collectors for generations.

Custom: Competition – Target and Compact – Carry 1907 Model modifications are available.

Limited production of 50 units per Year, available on pre-order bases.

2018 production scheduled for delivery in third quarter of 2019

7 units available from 2019 production scheduled for delivery in second quarter of 2020

1 of Stainless Steel units is available for 2019

10mm and 45 ACP options as well as custom size barrels

Next production run will be available in the end of 2021"

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good god that is so full of win. Except for the price..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Awesome looking stuff

Which one are you pre-ordering? Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Luger is not just a gun, it is an intricate work of art. Its my understanding it is designed to function best with 124 grain ammo at 1000 FPS +. I cant help but think its design and action (and sights) are not going to be able to function long term with full power 10mm ammo.
45ACP might be fine. Maybe this new manufacturer has come up with a new, more modern design to accommodate the cartridge length and increased pressure of the 10mm. They do state that their guns are based on the 1907 original design.
They also have a 10mm "Commander" model with a 3 inch barrel!
Maybe one of of our better educated and
experienced Luger guys can tell is if 10mm is a good choice for a Luger.
The guys restorations look first class!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe many people would purchase guns like that because they’re the best to shoot 10mm or 45 ACP with any more than many people purchase Rolex watches because they keep such good time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Forgotten Weapons did a video on Lugerman’s .45 Luger and it actually worked!

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hmm. I get the Rolex analogy, and for all I know the toggle action is a work of engineering brilliance, but there still seems to be something not-quite-right about mating a long-barreled 10mm with conventional Luger sights. Perhaps they work better with a longer sight radius?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I don’t believe many people would purchase guns like that because they’re the best to shoot 10mm or 45 ACP with any more than many people purchase Rolex watches because they keep such good time.

Hi old friend! My three cents:

Let me ask, have you had occasion to shoot a really good Luger off a bench? There is nothing in the semiautomatic pistol world with greater accuracy potential. And the locking system, properly made, can contain fantastic pressures. A 10mm Luger may be outre’, but I see little reason other than magazine-feeding geometry to stand against the thing doing a fine job as a field / hunting handgun.

I’ve certainly seen hipsters pay more for less utility.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Haven’t heard of Lugerman but across the pond, Werle is pretty respected and he makes an all-stainless .45 ACP Luger as well:
https://waffen-werle.de/

His model Parabellum toggle release/safety invention, which is patented, looks spectacular.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Both Gun Jesus and InRange did some shooting/discussion of these. Very cool pistols and hey what the hell its a bit cheaper then a real .45 Luger buy an order or three magnitudes. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get that they are copying the 45 blueprints but I wish they had left off the grip safety. If I had ten grand lying around it would make a fun range gun. I would prefer it to look identical to Luger Lugers though just be in 45.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I understood German because that website is cool. And it appears to have a 45 sans grip safety.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Krausewerk has also made the .45.
http://krausewerk.net/45-acp/

quote:
There is nothing in the semiautomatic pistol world with greater accuracy potential.

Spec on the P210 was that it equal the accuracy of the well understood Swiss Luger.

The guy in Germany does neat work but some of his guns are just plain grotesque.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I wish I understood German because that website is cool. And it appears to have a 45 sans grip safety.

You can use Google Translate to capture some of it, except for the imbedded journal articles on Werle’s work. Werle claimed in one that he thought the grip safety was a bad idea, hoisted on the Parabellum design by the Swiss.

There’s some YouTube videos as well. For those interested in his toggle release/safety redesign, you can view it here in English:
https://youtu.be/hmTH4-FSJ8k

Also his 45 Luger:
https://youtu.be/FXw3KMjDRfM

The casual accuracy in the latter is pretty damn good!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Krausewerk has also made the .45.
http://krausewerk.net/45-acp/

quote:
There is nothing in the semiautomatic pistol world with greater accuracy potential.

Spec on the P210 was that it equal the accuracy of the well understood Swiss Luger.

The guy in Germany does neat work but some of his guns are just plain grotesque.

Unfortunately not. The WF 06/29 will outperform a P210 at anytime if it was shot form a machine rest. The avantage of the P210 is the defined two stage trigger. The Luger trigger does not have the same quality which makes it difficult in real precision shooting disciplines.
This is the reason why you probably would win in compatition with the P210 over a Luger. Form historical data, nobody has won in with a Luger in a Swiss Pistol shooting event for the last 15 years.

Based on historic data from the Swiss pistol trials the P210 never came close to the Swiss Luber. It came third behind a 9mm protoype of the Czech CZ M52.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Military Arms Channel did a video on Lugerman's 45ACP Luger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mi4EhwqglY&t=981s

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The Lugers were interesting, but this chopped P38 appealed to me more.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Sweet baby Jesus. How much are kidneys in decent condition going for these days?

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you order a Luger from Lugerman, you had best be young, and be extremely patient. He tells time with a calendar!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the discussion about the Luger’s capability for shooting precision, that is something I was not familiar with. But I must stick with my belief that a $10K custom made gun of what is a very unusual design these days isn’t the best way to shoot 45 ACP and 10mm ammunition. They are exceptionally cool, and I believe that’s the reason most people buy them.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post