SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hoods to Woods Gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Hoods to Woods Gun Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
glock 29 or 20 or maybe a 357 mag snubnose


I love my S&W 340pd!
+p or +p+ in it.

I read an article a few years back about the internal and external ballistics of Magnum rounds and barrel lengths.
IIRC, 3” to 3 1/2” is the “starting point” for the Magnum round. Something about needing at least that length to get needed pressure for the “OOMPH” of a magnum.

For me, having spent a lot of time in The Hood and a bit in The Wood; I like my .45! The G-30 is a little brick, but capacity and knock-down power, Im good with. A little thick and heavy (like an ex girlfriend of mine), but still good at concealing.
I haven’t ventured into the realm of the 10mm yet.

I’m totally comfortable with a 9mm in The Hood.
Lions, tigers and bears (oh my!) and I want something bigger.
But I try to let the environment dictate what I’m carrying.


______________________________________________________________________
"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
 
Posts: 9803 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
For me, it’s a P320 XTEN Carry Comp. 15 rounds, can load some Buffalo Bore hard cast ammo. Down east of the Mississippi, that’s more than enough power. The comp is excellent on full power 10mm, and the gun, while not small, is a touch smaller than most “full size” semi autos. It fits a real nice niche.
 
Posts: 952 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've always trusted my Glock 32.
But these days if I go in the woods it's my 33X. I should probably switch back to the 32 for that 1/4". lol

But I've always wanted a Glock 29. But I don't feel like getting into another caliber.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 8805 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
You could still go with a G20 if a 29 is unavailable. They are big but not like crazy big. I have a G20 with a G40 upper ( I wanted MOS for the optic I have on it and dont mind the extra bbl) and it's pretty great.
 
Posts: 3284 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hoods to Woods Gun

© SIGforum 2026