SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
First Gen Ruger 44 mag(tube feed) carbine International. It also has the Mannlicher full length stock on it.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
LCR x - 327 Federal. Ruger Mini 14 Tactical 16"

I have many Rugers, and last year lucked up on a LNIB PC4 that was a California surplus police department Turn in.

I bought it from Clyde Armory.in Athens,GA. For $525.

I like the original carbine, much better than the newer version. The 11 round Ruger mags are really hard to find. The lower capacity magazines are one of the carbines few faults.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I have several Rugers, no 10/22, but a few revolvers, and a mini-14. I might not be able to resist a PC9 if I were to run across one. I think an original Standard is good to have in the collection. And I'm fond of the MKII 22/45.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted the .44 mag semi auto carbine.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If money were no object, and selecting from currently available offerings, I wouldn't mind having a Max-9 (besides having more shots than the LC9, the fatter grip looks more pleasant to shoot) and a Scout Rifle (.308 caliber, but would rather have 7mm-08). Something I wish they made is a .22LR-caliber "understudy" for the AR-556. They seem content to let Smith & Wesson have this market.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I've always wanted the .44 mag semi auto carbine.

My dad has a deerstalker. He still uses it for deer hunting. I love that gun. Small and packs a whollop.

Ruger should have never stopped making them.

Edited to fix spelling

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I never got around to buying one, but still harbor the thought of owning a Flat-top Blackhawk with a 4 5/8" barrel in .44 Special. Maybe a Bisley or maybe not. Either would be acceptable. Really nice just to pack on a hunting trip or wherever. Smile

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything?

KP90 DC

First pistol I ever bought, and I still have it.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
3" SP101 in 327 Fed Mag...

Yup.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Ruger SP101, GP100 or Red Label

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I wish I never sold my Speed Six. I had just about all of the stainless Speed/Service revolvers expect the 9mm Speed Six. I just got a Police Trade in Police Service Six again. Would love to have a Speed Six once again.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’d have to agree with the Ruger #1 crowd. A Ruger #3 is also a nice addition. I’ve also recently built out a Ruger Charger using a Odin stock and various other custom additions. It’s also one of my two .22 suppressor hosts. Have a #1 in .45-70 on the way and a stainless 10/22 International with the Mannlicher stock. Only one I’m lacking is a nice Red Label in stainless.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like an AC556F

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
I would like an AC556F

The Florida Marine Patrol used to have those. When I was stationed in Yankeetown, our FMP guy was also a reservist and we used to shoot his stuff and he shot our M16s. The AC556 wasn’t as accurate as the M16 (we compared at the range) but his being foldable was really nice when you’re beating around on a 21’ center console all day.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4" stainless security six in .357 mag.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything?

KP90 DC

First pistol I ever bought, and I still have it.

That one is gone, but I still have the P90T, the only .45 I still have in the stable. That's how much I like the P90, the one .45 that I'd pick over all others.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
I would like an AC556F

The Florida Marine Patrol used to have those. When I was stationed in Yankeetown, our FMP guy was also a reservist and we used to shoot his stuff and he shot our M16s. The AC556 wasn’t as accurate as the M16 (we compared at the range) but his being foldable was really nice when you’re beating around on a 21’ center console all day.

I built a clone, but the real thing would be fun!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the 44 carbine.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Really want a stainless laminate stock No. 1...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the sentiment of commemoration, I would look towards something iconic that says "Ruger." In that regard, I would look towards the semiautomatic .22 LR pistol, the 10-22, Blackhawk, or the Number 1. In my mind one of those guns are uniquely Ruger. You can't go wrong with any of those. I've never had a bad example of any of those models.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post