SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything? Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Any No.1 International with a Mannlicher style stock. You didn’t specify that it had to be a pistol.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I really like my charger take down 10-22 “pistol” with brace. I added a Franklin binary trigger and if BATFE ever gets their shit in gear it will be my primary suppressor host in .22.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
No reason, just always wanted one. Plus it would go well with my dads Deerstalker 44 carbine

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new 57 is a real hoot and I got ammo for under a dollar a rd so it is affordable. It even carries well with the right holster IWB!

semper fi

paul

Posts: 2 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: September 24, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don’t own a 22?

I have an Anschutz biathlon rifle. And two hand me down Colt Woodsmans. A modern 22 pistol is needed. It'll be a surpressor host.

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Any No.1 International with a Mannlicher style stock. You didn’t specify that it had to be a pistol.

Hellooo, nurse!

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner.

Absolutely magnificent.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Huh. I'm not sure how available they'd be now, but didn't Ruger make a run of Mannlicher .257 Roberts No. 1s within the past two or three years?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
SP101 Hammerless!

I’ve always wanted one of those beautiful snag-free revolvers.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I've had a Ruger Super Redhawk Toklat in .454 on my bucket list for a while now.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3" SP101 in 327 Fed Mag

However, the Redhawk 44 Magnum pictured above on this page is pretty sexy.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm Speed-6.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sweetest, nicest Ruger firearms I have ever handled have been No. 1 rifles.

The GP100 revolvers, with the original-pattern grips, are an absolutely perfect fit, in my hands, but individual GP100 revolvers can be a bit rough, and none, of course, have the beautiful wood furniture that seems to be the norm on the No. 1 rifles.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll go along with the Ruger #1 sentiment.

They are beautiful and elegant rifles.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
This year I moved back to NH, something of a culmination of lots of hard work.

Has our perpetual, peripatetic student finally found a home? I was hoping you might return to AZ.

quote:
A GP100 in 10mm?

I own only 2 Rugers, a 10-22, and this, the Wiley Clapp model revolver with a 3.5" bbl. After finally retiring from competition, I have settled for two 10mm handguns: the Ruger and the SIG P220-Elite-Nitron-SAO. The trigger on the GP100 is easily staged, but with a little bit of polishing on the action, it becomes an extremely smooth "straight through" pull. I love this revolver (I hesitate to say little, because it is all steel and not light), but its size makes it a very nice carry gun. An Andrews Leather "Saddle Style" holster finishes it off.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a lot of Rugers.

If I was starting over I would limit myself to the single action revolvers and the GP100.

For everything else there is always a better choice.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Ruger 1911 in 10mm is a great woods gun and also handy companion in the worst parts of certain cities.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
AC556
MP9
P345
Speed Six 9mm

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has our perpetual, peripatetic student finally found a home? I was hoping you might return to AZ.

For the first time I'm not looking for the next thing. Thought I might explore contentment for a spell. AZ will always be home, but the dog work is better out here. Wink I will be home over the holidays. If you're around we should meet up.

Your affair with that GP100 10mm was first on my mind when I asked the question. With everything in such short supply the search may keep me occupied for awhile.

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Ruger 1911 in 10mm is a great woods gun and also handy companion in the worst parts of certain cities.

That would also be my pick…or a model 1 in 30-06

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post