SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything? Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
The Super Redhawk and Super Blackhawk my Grandpa left us in a useful caliber instead of .41 Magnum.

I'm sure I could find a use for those! Although I don't own any (yet), the .41 has a very devout following, and you might find that they are worth quite a bit more than you think to the right buyer! Being a family heirloom, though, I'd keep them, and maybe consider getting a reloading setup to keep them fed.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm not so worried about losing a family heirloom because I ended up with about 90% of his collection including a very nice Benelli 12ga semi auto shotgun and a Ruger .22 cowboy action revolver he got me as a little kid. I'm good on keepsakes, but I think he bought almost everything Ruger made in .41 Magnum. There's also a lever action .41 carbine and a 4ish" Blackhawk he kept for home defense.

That Super Redhawk is anime revolver sized, and would really be cool in .44 magnum or something more common that I could feed it.

Besides, there's nothing on the market right now that's available and burning me with desire right now, and I won't sell them just for the money. A Manurhin .357 or something like it would have to take their place.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull 2.5"

Been searching for one hear and there but like everything else the past 18 months, they are commanding a premium I'm not willing to pay.

Good lord, your eyebrows! They'll be gone!

I also lust after the tube-fed 44 mag carbines...

We are driving the prices up on GunBroker, you guys know that right?

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's also a lever action .41 carbine

I have a buddy who would give his left nut for one of those. The last Marlin 1894 I saw in .41 was on the shelf in an LGS and they were asking $1800. Might get you closer to that Manurhin than you think! Sounds like grandpa had pretty good taste...although I do agree about the Super Redhawk....to big and clunky, especially for a cartridge like .41 mag.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Current production? Not much really interests me. Probably something mundane like a 45 Colt Vaquero or a 44 mag Blackhawk.

Out of production? Number 1 in something cool like 375 H&H. 44 Deerfield carbine. Bisley in 45 Colt.

I AM excited to see what they do with Marlin...

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
although I do agree about the Super Redhawk....to big and clunky, especially for a cartridge like .41 mag.

Eh, sometimes "big and clunky" translates into "a bit more time spent constructively at the target range".

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger gold label sxs and a ruger 45lc side loading lever action with threaded barrel.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Page 5 and no love for the 96/22? That one and a #3 in .223 are the ones I wished I'd bought when we still had access to the "U" gun list.

quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

Out of production? ... Bisley in 45 Colt.

Where are you? Saw a SS 5.5" one yesterday at the LGS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

Out of production? ... Bisley in 45 Colt.

quote:

Where are you? Saw a SS 5.5" one yesterday at the LGS.

Great gun, 45 colt can really shine in a ruger if you reload and hone/ream cylinder throats to .4525

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me: The Mini 30 tactical, Ruger 5.7, LCP Max, LCR 327 and 357, GP Super 100 357, PC Charger 9mm. Thank you and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
PC Carbine in 10mm

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Being as I now have a hankerin' for a new race gun, I might have to amend my earlier vote to this:

Ruger SR1911 Competition 9mm.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull 2.5"

Been searching for one hear and there but like everything else the past 18 months, they are commanding a premium I'm not willing to pay.

That's because the Navy is using them all to anchor down their warships. Those guns are beasts and weigh accordingly! Good luck in your pursuit for them.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
50th Anniversary Red Label 28 Gauge.

Have the 12 and 20, but didn’t failed to get the 28 gauge.

Would be nice to have the set.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the .41 magnum, and wish it was available in more firearms. I found a .41 lever carbine a few years ago, and went back for it, but it was gone.

.41 is a viable cartridge that's got some punch. I have a few Rugers in .41.

Enjoy.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Ruger? Far too many wants from Ruger, and most of them have already been mentioned already so I won't relist them again...

BUT...

... I have another suggestion along a slightly different vein. Unless you are dead set on having the Sturm Ruger coat-of-arms Eagle emblazoned on the gun, you might consider one of the new Ruger manufactured Marlin lever actions set to be released in December. While the gun itself will come out of the North Carolina plant, reportedly the wood is coming out of Ruger's New Hampshire plant.

Just an idea.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger P90 DC is an amazing weapon. Very accurate and easy to shoot. Probably my favorite Ruger too.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Current production, SR1911 in 10mm.

Out of production, Ruger Scout Rifle in 6.5 Creedmore.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, if you're going with "out of production" then how can you beat the Turnbull case-hardened Bisley in .45 Colt?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
A marlin 1894 in 10mm

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post