SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 question Login/Join 
posted
I have a P226 on layaway that has the "E2" grips. For those that have used them, are they all that much of an improvement over the standard grips?

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Some people like them, some don't. The E2 grips can be swapped out. You aren't stuck with them.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the E2 grips on my 226. They were fine. The 229 came with E2 grips but they were loose. Sig sent me a replacement with the same problem. I replaced those with G10 grips and am happy with them. Depends on your preference and your hand size.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking that the E2 grips were for a smaller grip circumference. It would vary between different hand sizes and comfort.

Checkered aluminum or walnut works better for me.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
E2 just makes the grip a bit narrower IMHO. I have them on a 226 Elite. No issues.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ergonomically, the shape is appealing and the surface provides a good purchase. Yet, the mounting system was annoying to me. When installed, they seem to be hung loosely and thus transmitted any vibration excessively. From both that aspect, and visually, they just seemed cheap to me.

Personally, I’m happiest with a basic set of black checkered G10’s.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have small hands and like the E2 grips.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple of E2 equipped P series guns. The grips would shift slightly and seemed to be a poor fit. I swapped them out. They felt fine and the shift was slight but it bugged me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not care for them one bit. Some love them, some dont. You wont know until you shoot and/or carry the gun. The standard two piece grips feel best for me. I even prefer the two piece grips to g10s.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the E2 grips, but found that they felt loose. In rapid fire drills, I found my shots tracking across the target. Replaced with aluminum and will not look back.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
meh

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
The E2 grips on my 226 feel much better in my hands than the standard grips, and I've never felt they were loose.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the E2 grips on my P226. I haven’t experienced any issues, whatsoever.
My guess is see what works for you... there are options, of course.

Happy shooting!

-Bill

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me I like & more comfy with the old style grips, the E2 grip some how raveled from the frame of my 226 but maybe just me.
An early Merry Christmas to all of Sig Forum members here for a better year, being healthy and lot of happiness.
Andy

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
Functionally, I think those grips feel very secure in the hand. Aesthetically, I think the look terrible. I personally would drop them in favor of a set of traditional grips at the first opportunity. That is just me though.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I never liked the grip angle. I swapped them out.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the others here in that they are thinner and fit the hand quite well.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The first P226 I bought had the E2 grips... I did not realize how good they were and how well I liked the fit until I got a M-25 with the standard factory grips way too fat... I had to change those out to G10s quick... which are my second choice.. Of course with the G10s you get all kinds of choices in looks but for a basic black pistol you can't beat the E2s ... at least in my opinion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
I like them more than the OG grips because I live in Florida and it's hot as balls outside. E2 grips objectively offer more grip texture, and subjectively have a better profile. I haven't had any issues with bending or looseness. As far aesthetics go, OG grips do look better, but they've grown on me.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I don't like them but it's one of those things you have to try for yourself.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post