SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Zenk RZMK-357 Bullpup Revolver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zenk RZMK-357 Bullpup Revolver Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
TFB scooped another pistol prototype a few weeks back... the Zenk RZMK-357 Bullpup Revolver. Given its cylinder location, the revolver's weight distribution may appeal to those that aren't particularly fond of revolvers (paging Q). Other than that, the design may be a solution in search of a problem.

The lines of the pistol remind me of a bloated Boberg. I'm sure SHOT next week will provide some additional info but until then here's the writeup:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...57-bullpup-revolver/

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Like a Boberg revolver.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A barrel basically as long as a P220- subcompact size with 4” barrel performance. I wonder how fast the internals get dirty?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's like an inbred Webley!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34132 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder how fast the internals get dirty?

My first thought when I saw this was "Man, that chamber-to-forcing-cone gap is right over the shooter's hand!" but then I realized that the entire cylinder is enclosed in some kind of shroud. Which leads me to your question...how many rounds can you put through that thing before all the soot and crud binds it up?

Either way, it's an intriguing idea (even if it is kinda ugly) and I'd love to try one. The semi-auto shaped grip, no reciprocating slide mass, and the ability to mount a red dot without having it bouncing back and forth on a reciprocating slide could make this an interesting experiment.

Posts: 8629 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see new stuff on the market but this to me seems like an answer in search of a question. I don't see any benefit of the cylinder being to the rear and looks like an accident waiting to happen due to it's proximity to the shooter's hand/arm and where the barrel/cylinder meet.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
This would be very interesting to suppress. Enclosed cylinder and no action noise. Hmmm.

Posts: 2018 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I want one just because of how goofy it is. Looks like something from Cyberpunk.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17005 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised that it’s not threaded - it seems like the “highest and best” use of the design would be suppressed - and in 45 ACP/44 Special etc.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
The grip looks like it would put the trigger finger at an odd orientation.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
On the plus side, any shaved lead will likely be contained in the cylinder enclosure...
... the downside though is that any shaved lead fragments might just throw a wrench in the monkey works and jam it up tight.

I'm not sure I want one, at least not this early in the design release... but I surely would like to shoot one.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
The grip looks like it would put the trigger finger at an odd orientation.
yeah. Weird.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3219 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I'm also wondering if the cylinder is removable and could be reloaded by swapping in a fresh cylinder. Because the pictures show that you can't reload it with a speedloader. Even speed strips wouldn't be the easiest.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
I want one just because of how goofy it is. Looks like something from Cyberpunk.

Right there with you. My first thought was "that would make a lot more sense in a .22LR", but, on reflection, I'm not sure how much sense has to do with this pistol.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
While I concur about fowling building up quicker, another thought came to mind. I wonder if this would make an excellent survival type pistol as it seems to be fairly sealed up tight and being a revolver can be adapted to fire a great many types of projectile and with a fixed barrel/ala a revolver could be made very accurate. Not sure what kind of mechanics exist in the grip area but if largely empty could make for a small storage compartment.

I like weird stuff. I’ve never bought a Mateba or a Rhino etc. but I love them and this scratches the same itch.

Is a GlockandWesson about eleventy billion times more practical? HELL YES! But stuff like this fun and different.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7689 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Also, while undoubtedly MUCH more complex and expensive, I see a sort of modern day or sci fi “Liberator”.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7689 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Webley and a Luger had an ugly baby!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16112 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
optics ready (pic rail) !

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Also, while undoubtedly MUCH more complex and expensive, I see a sort of modern day or sci fi “Liberator”.

As soon as I saw a photo of it I got a de`ja` vu feeling, but couldn't put an ID to it from memory. That's the iconic gun I couldn't conjure up. A spacey Liberator.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at their web site it appears that they are located in Commiefornia. It also apperas that the only way to used a speed loader is to remove the cylinder. Yeah that will work real well for speed loading.

PASS

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post