SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What will come of the 2022?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will come of the 2022? Login/Join 
posted
Guys, any idea what will become of the 2022, when it is 2022? I had heard about 2 or 3 years ago, from a one of the product managers a redesign was in the works?

I really wish they would redesign the P250 and bring it back with a refresh. Traditional sights, optic, updated aesthetics etc?

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it will die the normal slow death of low/no sales and gone. Its almost there now.
I would never ever expect a redesign pending some unexpected huge military sale.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
France ordered thousands of them. Then reordered.
They're an outstanding full size pistol.
When a NATO military orders them .... as is....
that speaks highly for that pistol.
i've never heard to this day any poster on this forum fault it in any way.
My nephew has one and its a shooter. I'e often felt it'd have been a good choice over my MK25.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun, but they just don't seem to be very popular for some reason. I'd say it will eventually be dropped for something "new and improved".

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
My guess is they will go the way of the Gen 3 Smith & Wessons. Sought after by a few who know how good they are, but no longer made.

The only gripe I ever had about mine was the risk of getting the bottom of my hand pinched while slamming a magazine home. Pretty minor, but it is a head scratcher why they designed them like that.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it will be discontinued when the french contract is up. The majority of the masses want their cheap guns striker fired.

Posts: 7800 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Just saw a 2022 in 40SW sell for $475 with 1 bid on GB to a new buyer with NR rating. I don't see SIG abandoning the FCU design completely. Hopefully it will see an update. The p320 may be the SIG bread and butter now but it retain a minor cult following and will always retain some value as a SIG.

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have and DA/SA doublestack Sigs now, due to my preference for SAO Legions. I have a P225A1 single stack, but a 2022 would be nice if I can get the small grip for it.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
small grips are easy to come by. But other size grips and other accessories show the state of affairs at SIG about this gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
France ordered thousands of them. Then reordered.
When a NATO military orders them .... as is....
that speaks highly for that pistol.

The French police ordered the SP2022.

The French military uses the Glock 17. Before that, they used the Beretta 92. They do not use the SP2022.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as it is on the CA Roster and CA laws remain in effect - it isn't going anywhere. I believe Sig only has a few guns left on that Roster.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
Guys, any idea what will become of the 2022, when it is 2022? I had heard about 2 or 3 years ago, from a one of the product managers a redesign was in the works?

I really wish they would redesign the P250 and bring it back with a refresh. Traditional sights, optic, updated aesthetics etc?

A SIG product manager said a redesign was in the works? Did he give any other hints?

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 2022 has steel rails. The gun will last a lifetime of heavy use. Draw back to the Sig classic series is wearing out the rails.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought that the 2022 was the best Sig that no one talked about. I’ve shot a ton of them as range rentals while traveling around the US. I should buy one.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I love the 2022. I have a couple of them and want to add a couple of fotys.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
The 2022 has steel rails. The gun will last a lifetime of heavy use. Draw back to the Sig classic series is wearing out the rails.

Unless your classic series Sig is all stainless.
I've seen threads on P226 "mud rails" cracking.
I've seen threads on P228 doing the same.
Also P229 frame rail wearing through the anodizing. Same for a P226 but more rare.
I recall one thread on a P classic series all stainless seizing the slide on the rails due to being dry and no lube.
But a blanket statement about classic series Sig wearing out the rails?
Nope, not if it's an all stainless gun. Big Grin

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
It's not striker fired! Eek Well then it can't be any good. Wink
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I just bought a used but like new 2022 at LGS for $400—in CA.
As of now it’s going off the CA roster 1/22.
I was very happy to find one at any price.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Man talk about regret.. I had one of the proofed German 2022's in .40 and sold it so that I could buy one in 9mm. Every damn time I find a proofed one in 9mm (which has only been a few times) I never have the money on hand. Should've just kept it and bought a barrel...

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1198 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
A very well balanced weapon imo Big Grin

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post