SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .38 Super Commander
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.38 Super Commander Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

After all of our discussions of the .357 SIG vs. the .38 Super it appears that I may have scored a pre-series 70 Colt Commander. A long time friend and M-14 enthusiast has a very nice pistol that he is willing to trade me. He's sending photos this week. The pistol has Bo-Mar sights and the Armand Swenson marked controls. He believes that Armand built the gun.

As soon as I get pictures I will post this bit of history for all to see...

I plan to add it to the collection. It will look good next to my SIGS and Colts.

Wes

Posts: 2430 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
An Armand Swenson? That would settle the debate for me pretty quick.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I agree, an Armand Swenson would be worth some additional effort / consideration, for sure. Congratulations!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
A Swenson .38 Super Commander will be an excellent addition to any collection.

I have a .38 Super Combat Commander. I had to have a Kart barrel fitted, because I was shooting patterns, not groups with the factory barrel.

Please post pics.

IMO, Mr. Swenson was a master!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Dan Wesson commander size .38 super is way more accurate than I can shoot and is the finest 1911 style gun I own.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post