SIGforum
G19 advice

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9320086544

August 12, 2018, 04:24 PM
Anubismp
G19 advice
I recently chopped my G19.3 grip to 26 dimensions and love it. The only issue is it has an RMR and I'd like to run a flattop sometimes. I dont want to unmount the RMR to do so though. I have a G19.4 I currently run as my backup/EDC and I've been considering chopping it back to a 26 frame as well. I can run full size mags in it so I dont loose that ability but it will have an exposed mag or maybe I can get an extender. <BR><BR>I can buy an aftermarket slide for about $150-225 but I'm not sure about the swenson slides. Glock slides seem impossible to find for anything like a reasonable price, you can almost buy a whole glock. I'm guessing the Poly80 crowd is buying them up. <BR><BR>I can buy a frame but they are a whole FFL transfer and shipping. Also Gen 4 frames are about $200. <BR><BR>I do have a cover plate I can put on the Gen 3 and run it slick topped but then I loose the RMR. Not sure I want to loose it fulltime.<BR><BR>I'm not interested in a 26 as I like retaining the light rail and having the bigger muzzle.Should IChop the G19.4 frame to G26 sizeBuy a flat top slide for the G19.3Take the RMR off my G19.3 and run it on something different.Buy another Gen 4 frame to chopOther (please explain below)
August 12, 2018, 05:57 PM
.38supersig
  • Other (please explain below) - Buy the parts you want to make a complete G19 for a full custom build.

• August 13, 2018, 08:28 AM
    DaBigBR
    I voted to buy a flat top slide. The Brownells ones are pretty cheap, but appear to be quality.
    August 13, 2018, 12:55 PM
    Pittwm
    Another vote buying a Brownell slide.
    August 13, 2018, 11:18 PM
    jimmy123x
    I'd just buy an entire other gun and do with it as you please......
    August 14, 2018, 06:36 AM
    soggy_spinout
    Chop the Gen4 since it sounds like that's the configuration you favor. Aside from the optic the remainder will be roughly the same form factor between the two guns; never a bad thing for backup to an EDC. As you mentioned, mag spacers can get you somewhat back to a compact Glock. Otherwise you always pick up an unmolested frame on GB or even a complete G19 later on if a wave of nostalgia for an uncircumcized G19 hits you down the road.