SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I don't usually get that excited about new guns but...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't usually get that excited about new guns but... Login/Join 
posted
...I'm pretty excited about this one. Been lusting for decades and finally was in a position to get it after selling a few. Big Grin

Slick as snail snot is an apt description.

Posts: 652 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
nice...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2017 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
excellent pistol

What caliber did you go with?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I claim an Ed Brown Custom so I understand your excitement. In my estimation, few pistols are as satisfying as a top tier 1911. Enjoy.

Posts: 3509 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very nice, sir.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I always get excited about a new gun, but I'd be REALLY excited about that one! Nice score! How's it shoot?

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent pick up!
Wilson makes a really nice 1911.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 369 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
What caliber did you go with?

.45acp...that's all I own, or care to, in 1911's.

Posts: 652 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
How's it shoot?

Only put 50 rds through it at the indoor range where I bought it. Initial impression is I own a few 1911's, some standard GI and some pretty nice ones, but this thing is in a league of its own. Smooth as silk, fits my hand better than any pistol I've held, with a recoil impulse like nothing I've ever felt. Kind of a light push. Single hole about 1 1/2" wide at 7 yds standing hand hold. Hopefully, the monsoon will let up today and I can take it outside and put it through its paces. Guarantee says 1" groups @ 25yds so we'll see.

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, pace40! I think you'll really like the Wilson. I've been a lover of 1911s since I fired my first one at Parris Island in 1966, and my 2002 build CQB is my absolute favorite.

I have a few Springfields, and they've have been absolutely dependable over the years, but everything on the Wilson is just sooo much smoother.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had my Classic since 1999. It's never leaving. You will love yours even more as time rolls along.

Posts: 1256 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well…just got back from putting 400 rounds through this masterpiece (that’s all the mags I have). What an absolute pleasure. It did take me about the first hundred or so to get used to the trigger. 2 lbs. - 15.1oz (on my gauge) with a pubic hair take up and reset. I did touch off a few unintentional doubles until I settled in. Way more accurate than I’ll ever be and I cannot get over the difference in felt recoil. Saved the last few mags for some 3V drills on 5x8 index cards at 5 yds. Needed to settle into the trigger again but the last 2 mags were .29 and .28 splits, all hits. Hell, that’s only 12/100ths slower than Miculek and I’m an amateur retired old guy. Oh, and as far as the 1” @ 25 yds guarantee…

This is seated and rested at 25 yds. POA is the 6 o’clock hash mark. Group is 0.94” using 230gr Golden Sabers. This is the first one I shot and I didn’t shoot another.

Now is this gun worth the extra $3K? For the occasional shooter, probably not. For someone shooting 4 or 5 days a week who wants to see how good they can get? Yes, it is, every day, all day.

Takeaways…

1) I’m pretty sure it will be difficult to get myself to shoot anything else for a while.
2) I need more mags.
3) Pay attention to the trigger, dummy.

Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun, Sir. Congrats!

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1695 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
An excellent addition to your home.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun! Congrats on the new addition. I'm always excited to see a nice 1911 :-)

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Hell I’m excited for you!

That’s a fine pistol.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6339 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks so good, I would be excited too. Happy shooting

Posts: 340 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I had a few Wilson guns and still have a compact CQB. I shot my full-size in IDPA and put more than 15k rounds down range with it. Other than routine spring changes, it was as tight as the day I brought it home. Congrats on the new gun, you will enjoy it immensely.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the nice Wilson.

Posts: 330 | Location: Go West! | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snail Snot©️™️ LLC would be a good name for a new company making slide grease.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post