SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA AK-V9 semi-auto pistol, MOE, with triangle side folding brace >>** Happy updated report (11/6/21) **<<
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA AK-V9 semi-auto pistol, MOE, with triangle side folding brace >>** Happy updated report (11/6/21) **<< Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I love what PSA is trying to do, but their consistent and persistent non-responsive customer service absolutely sucks.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity did you have the brace shouldered when it fired auto? And if so…how did the recoil feel?

I own a PSA AK pistol with that same brace and really like it. So much so that if I ever decided to SBR it I will likely keep the brace as the stock. I’m just curious how you like it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JDG said it best "a accident waiting to happen" a gun going full auto because the trigger wasn't messaged the right way can get you in serious trouble!

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Out of curiosity did you have the brace shouldered when it fired auto? And if so…how did the recoil feel?

I own a PSA AK pistol with that same brace and really like it. So much so that if I ever decided to SBR it I will likely keep the brace as the stock. I’m just curious how you like it.

Good question. I wasn't really shouldering it, as it barely touched the shoulder.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be real comfortable with a gun that decides to burst or bump fire without warning. I had a Garand that did that, and I fixed it. I had a blowback 9mm AR that did, and I got rid of it. Full auto sounds fun, right up until it happens when you don't want it to. Straight blowback guns that do that can also be susceptible to out of battery discharges, depending on the design...which is definitely no fun.

I've never shot a ak-v9, but have a buddy who owns an NAK-9 and he loves it. He says it is very soft shooting and smooth. He's reported no instances of doubling or bump fire. I've been wanting to take it out and compare it to my CMMG RDB 9mm AR and another buddy's PTR-9CT, but the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet for us all to get together at the same time on the range.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post