SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Carry a poly gun that way if you need to shoot someone and the police take yor gun you don't lose much.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am late in getting this reply posted, but, no, I am not the least enthralled by the P320. I like long-stoke DA, so striker-fired weapons do nothing for me. The P320 seems to have so very many small internal parts, which seems to confuse some who assemble them, at the factory. Plus, I like to let any new weapon prove itself, among willing beta testers, for several years.

I am a DA/SA and DAK dinosaur. Polymer is OK, too, so, I have several Glocks.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I really like the P320 series guns. I shoot them much better than I do my Glocks. I also prefer the striker trigger to DA/SA, DAO or DAK.

I had a Glock 19 for 15+ years, bought a New P320 and it outshot the Glock easily.

Currently I have a P320 X-Carry, P320 X-Five and P320 AXG Pro.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now have 3 P320s: X Compact, .45 MS Compact, (which has apparently gone the way of the Dodo) and a 320F, which I got for $420.
I replaced the 320Fs 3 dots with fiber optics, installed an X Carry grip and a Sig flat trigger. Entire project took 45 minutes, once all the parts got to me. The sight swap took up most of the time.
If I wanted to perform a similar project on a Glock, it would require the services of an FFL for a bare serialized Glock frame and all the parts needed to complete the new frame. Then the sight swap.
The Sig system made my project simple.
Anyone care to bet that Glock adopts a serialized FCU and interchangeable grips In the next 5 years?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
yep we've all been enthralled by the P320, as in the old meaning which means "enslaved"

P320 has enslaved us all, its taken over our military, and many police departments, we're all captivated by its FCU, enthralled if you will, save yourself if you can by buying a Glock but it will only be a matter of time till you need that F...C...U

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Nope, not one bit. As far as poly striker-fired pistols are concerned, my Steyr M9-A1 is a superior firearm IMHO.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Carry a poly gun that way if you need to shoot someone and the police take yor gun you don't lose much.

For me, it’s more about weight and corrosion. I have steel guns like the Beretta M9, and love them, but wouldn’t carry them.

Posts: 39 | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I am currently playing around with several iterations and may start carrying one soon. My current favorite is an AXG framed carry w/ an RMR and LOK grips. The LOK grips were an absolute game changer for me. All that said, I’ve also been shooting a P226 MK25 and a classic S&W 66 snub a bit and ordered new custom leather for both. Will I continue to train with my P320s to the point they become my primary HD and large CCW, I guess time will tell. I really don’t discriminate against any quality firearm.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rexster:
I am late in getting this reply posted, but, no, I am not the least enthralled by the P320. I like long-stoke DA, so striker-fired weapons do nothing for me. The P320 seems to have so very many small internal parts, which seems to confuse some who assemble them, at the factory. Plus, I like to let any new weapon prove itself, among willing beta testers, for several years.

I am a DA/SA and DAK dinosaur. Polymer is OK, too, so, I have several Glocks.

The 320 has been out for 6 or more years . How much more time do you need for it to prove itself ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
No. I keep on asking myself what does it do better than my PPQ M2s and I can't come up with an answer. Magazines are expensive compared to CZ, GLOCK, HK (gasp) or Walther and the modularity isn't really cost effective outside of a government agency. Coupled with SIG'S fickle support of platforms, yes I'm still bugged over the 556, I haven't bought a SIG in years but I've bought plenty of CZ, HK and Walthers during this interval.

Edited to add that I've shot SRA's M18 too.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I think the P320 is an incredibly ingenious idea with the chassis system. I just can’t shoot it well because I’m 30-years into the Glock grip angle.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine, they have been 100% reliable and very accurate.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Had a compact and a full size with the Romeo sight. Sold both of them, bore axis is high and they always pointed down for me.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Larry Vicker’s reviews his P320 with the new Aimpoint ACRO Gen 2 MRDS from Wilson Combat.

https://youtu.be/tv5qpp7p7hU

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Coupled with SIG'S fickle support of platforms, yes I'm still bugged over the 556, I haven't bought a SIG in years but I've bought plenty of CZ, HK and Walthers during this interval.

I don't understand this. There are dozens, if not hundreds of LE agencies issuing the 320, including ICE. And that little organization called the US Army. At least half a million of the guns in general circulation. Just in the US alone, to say nothing of the rest of the world.

Where do you think it's going? It's probably topped the M&P by now and second only to Glock.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Gov’t purchases are to a large degree dictated by cost and not all firearms were evaluated. What makes one gun better than another is defined not based on what some agency or army carries but what purpose an individual needs… if otherwise, let’s do away with all firearm forums and only buy those the gov’t decides is good for them.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
^^^^ Gov’t purchases are to a large degree dictated by cost and not all firearms were evaluated. What makes one gun better than another is defined not based on what some agency or army carries but what purpose an individual needs… if otherwise, let’s do away with all firearm forums and only buy those the gov’t decides is good for them.

What does that have to do in any way with the question at hand, "SIG's fickle support" of a platform.

There are hundreds of thousands of guns in circulation, including the military and LE agencies. That is, by definition, a guarantee of support for the platform.

Who cares if they bought it for lowest bid, they still own the guns and have long, long contracts for support.

Therefore, the 320 is going nowhere.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I wasn't clear. I understand their widespread use. But, I'm not willing to support SIG when they don't support their customers. Especially or at least for a model that doesn't have any discernable benefits over its competitors. Maybe, I'll buy a P365 someday but a P320, I doubt it.

And to be honest, I'm also still bugged over how their custom shop screwed up my West German P228. So, for me, to give SIG money for new a model isn't something I'm inclined to do right now.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without doubt, they'll fold up shop and go under now, without your business.

That's a shame.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
BB61 wrote:
quote:
Especially or at least for a model that doesn't have any discernable benefits over its competitors.

I find the FCU system and the swappable grip modules (factory and aftermarket) a benefit. It's a benefit that isn't offered by other manufacturers.

Second, for me, they just shoot better out of the box than other striker fired guns.

sns3guppy wrote:
quote:
Without doubt, they'll fold up shop and go under now, without your business.

That's a shame.

LOL, I was thinking something similar.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post