SIGforum
Anyone use the Hogue Handall Grip Sleeves?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9250079494

September 21, 2022, 05:02 PM
Eaganite
Anyone use the Hogue Handall Grip Sleeves?
Just put one of these on my P365X, and I have to say I"m more than just a little impressed. Compleatly changed the way it feels in my hand.

I was somewhat tempted for the Wilson Combat Grip Module, as I have read many positive reports from those who went that direction. But after thinking things over decieded to try Hogues Grip Sleeve.I like it so much I'm now thinking about one for my M&P 9 M2.0.

Any of you guys try these? Just ceriouse of others opinions of them.
September 21, 2022, 05:21 PM
P220 Smudge
I’ve gone through a few on Glocks. For the $8 or whatever it cost, well worth it. I put one on my Gen 1 17. I like the way it feels without it, but that smooth pebble texture is really slick.

September 21, 2022, 05:39 PM
tigereye313
Put one on the Mrs's Shield. We like it a lot.

September 21, 2022, 06:46 PM
Genorogers
I've got one on my 365 and a few other pistols too. Great bargain from Hogue. Got to say though that they can be a bear to install, tight fitting, but once it's on it's perfect.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Genorogers,
September 21, 2022, 07:50 PM
220-9er
I have them on my Shield and G19 and agree, it changes the fit to my hand very well. Absorbs the sharpness of the shock and seemed to help,accuracy for me.
Just put one on my P365XL last week as my long fingers made the standard grip kind of small. That gun is very accurate for me, in spite of the less than perfect fit and hope to try it next week at the range.
Great improvement, especially for the price.

September 21, 2022, 09:56 PM
Wolfpacker
Yes. I have these for multiple pistols. Good product.
September 21, 2022, 10:03 PM
Sunset_Va
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
I've got one on my 365 and a few other pistols too. Great bargain from Hogue. Got to say though that they can be a bear to install, tight fitting, but once it's on it's perfect.

Frustrating at times wrestling the damn things on.

美しい犬
September 21, 2022, 10:13 PM
Genorogers
Wrestling is the correct process and don't be shy about hollering "you miserable fucker"
September 21, 2022, 10:17 PM
220-9er
Silicone spray has worked for me. Makes things much easier than Windex that they recommend.
Seems to loose any lubricity after a day or so and stays put.

September 21, 2022, 10:59 PM
Eaganite
I see Hogue has lots of fans for these, doesn't surprize me. I will be getting one for my M&P, even though not looking forward to another wrestling match.
September 22, 2022, 04:28 AM
CQB60
On the P365 huh? Thanks for the idea..

September 22, 2022, 06:55 AM
Warhorse
I swear they are the best thing for small framed handguns such as my LCP, and P365. They work well for me.

September 22, 2022, 07:05 AM
jcsabolt2
They are great, had one on my Glock 19 before I had it stippled. I just wish they would make them without the finger groove personally. For the micro guns like the Ruger LCP it's not a bad idea because at least it gives you something to hang onto with such a diminutive grip, but for larger frame guns I simply want the grippyness of the sleeve.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf
September 22, 2022, 07:40 AM
Flash-LB
When I bought my used P239, it had one on it.

Shot a box of ammo through it, went home and took it off. Tossed it.

I hate em.
September 22, 2022, 08:26 AM
P250UA5
I don't recall if it's a Hogue, but have a similar style sleeve on my KelTec P11. Definitely improved the shootability of it, along with upgrading to trigger from plastic to aluminum.

The Enemy's gate is down.
September 22, 2022, 09:50 AM
BuddyChryst
I have big hands and liked having one on my first pistol, a P229. Well, sort of liked. It was prone to slipping down a bit. Never interfered with mags or anything, but made me leery. When they made the overmolded panels, I jumped on those and was much happier.

Obviously, the plastics don’t have such panel options. I did get one for the P320. I already had a large size frame and Talons on top of that. So the slip on was super tight. I think if I wanted it off, I’d have to cut it off.

I like how they feel and the extra girth they provide. But I pocket carry my P365 so I wouldn’t add anything that would add size to it.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy
September 22, 2022, 11:06 AM
92fstech
I had one on a P365. It was fantastic. A bear to get on, but once installed it never moved. There's a reason they are tight...you don't want that thing sliding around. Having it on there made the grip large enough to hold on to, and eliminated the trigger bite that I'd been experiencing. IMO it's a good product at a fantastic price.
September 22, 2022, 04:37 PM
stormin
I really like them on smaller pistols, like my P365, P365X, G43, G43X and the Kahn’s I’ve owned in the past. On larger full frame pistols, like a G19 or G26, they don’t give the same improvement for me.

I will say that on some pistols that the original Handall Jr feels significantly different than the newer beaver tail models. You may wanna try both. My G43X, for example, feels too big with the beaver tail model, but it’s perfect with the original Jr.
September 22, 2022, 05:03 PM
SSAreGreat
Works great on my Ruger SR22. Cost is low and if you do not like it, just take it off. Also you can add some color to your gun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!
September 22, 2022, 05:16 PM
Basenji
I had one on my 365 and really liked it, but always trying to improve things, I got the WC module. I really like that. That being said, if you don't feel like spending the money (and there is nothing wrong with that), for me the Handall worked great.