SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Forgotten Weapons: SIG-Sauer P230JP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forgotten Weapons: SIG-Sauer P230JP Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 109154 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very timely video. One of our members picked one of these up roughly a month ago. Trooper Joe; his thread is one page back.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Ian is a national treasure. I've loved watching his work develop over the last few years.

The 230 is one of the best looking handguns ever made. Sig knocked it out of the park on that one. Looking forward to Ian's history lesson on it.

Posts: 2659 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
This is one of the few SIGs that I still hope to acquire for my collection.

Posts: 10845 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Sold my spare one of these on GB (after no interest here at a lower price) for way too much last month; penny start. The one I kept, I modified using early P230 parts vs. the rebounding hammer P232 stuff that's in the P230JP. MUCH NICER trigger

Posts: 3165 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
That is very cool.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Ian is a national treasure. I've loved watching his work develop over the last few years.

The 230 is one of the best looking handguns ever made. Sig knocked it out of the park on that one. Looking forward to Ian's history lesson on it.

100% agree. I loved this gun since the day I first saw it. I bought mine new in the mid to early 90’s. It’s not the best to reassemble but other than that, it’s awesome. It was my intro to Sig and 1st time I strayed from S&W.

Posts: 141 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

100% agree. I loved this gun since the day I first saw it. I bought mine new in the mid to early 90’s. It’s not the best to reassemble but other than that, it’s awesome. It was my intro to Sig and 1st time I strayed from S&W.

I don't have a JP, but it would be a neat collector's piece. I love how Ian reviewed this.

I don't like how my P230SL is a copy of my PPKs, as the Walther carries better. That said, I prefer the DA/SA controls of the Sig. I wouldn't carry the JP because of the added safety, but, still, it's cool.

The blowback operation is not my favorite. It's simple and therefore works, but the Browning tilt is overall better and my preference to carry. I wish a larger 9mm with a tilting/rotating system was made to look like this.

And as far as pure aesthetics, it really is a gorgeous gun. The Miura of handguns.

Posts: 490 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post