SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just a reminder..all honorably discharged veterans now qualify for Glocks blue label program.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just a reminder..all honorably discharged veterans now qualify for Glocks blue label program. Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
For the last few years it’s been available to all vets with an honorable discharge between Memorial Day and Veterans Day, but now it’s open all year round.

I just picked up a Gen 5 G19 with three mags for $465 plus tax. Especially considering today’s prices that’s a hell of a deal. And it was easy. I just showed my DD-214 and had to fill out a very simple form basically confirming my eligibility.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Bought a G30 last year on this program.

It's a good deal.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Nice way for Glock to thank our vets. I'm all Glocked-up or would take advantage of the deal.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Especially considering today’s prices that’s a hell of a deal.
A great price and a great pistol.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, I bought a Glock 45, 9mm. I forget the price, better than most any used price I see anywhere, under $500 I know.

Not that I need anything else, but isn’t it a one Gun a year offer? I thought the dealer mentioned that.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I thought it was one as well, but the dealer told me it’s two. I looked it up and according to the Glock website, it is indeed two a year.

https://us.glock.com/en/buy/blue-label-program

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Especially considering today’s prices that’s a hell of a deal.
A great price and a great pistol.

Yeah, I’ve got a couple Gen 3 Glocks and the Gen 5 is a nice update. I never disliked the feel of the Gen 3 but the Gen 5 feels. much nicer in my hand.

posted Hide Post
As soon as I get to Florida I’m in for a couple. Is it hard to find blue label dealers?

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
As soon as I get to Florida I’m in for a couple. Is it hard to find blue label dealers?

I've bought several Glocks thru Kieslers, but I use my retired mil ID.

https://www.kiesler.com/

I did not see the blue label deal for ALL veterans on their site, just this:

First Responders, Military & FFL Sales Only.

Kiesler's does not sell to or deal with the civilian market or individuals. Kiesler's only deals with, issues quotes to, and sells to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, individual officers, reserve officers, affiliated government agencies, US military, individual military personnel, retired military with retired id, retired law enforcement, DHS/TSA employees, licensed security officers, affiliated training facilities, FFL dealers, firefighters, EMS, corrections, prosecutors, and district attorneys. Due to restrictions, Kiesler's does not quote or sell weapons, high capacity magazines, or ammunition to California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maryland, New York City, or NY state.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

https://us.glock.com/en/dealer-locator-usa

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure where you are moving to but there is a pawn shop south of Sarasota that always has a few in stock, mostly the G19, G17, G43 and G45. They seem to be able to get them regularly as they always have a few in the case. If that’s in your area, it’s Quick Draw pawn.

posted Hide Post
quote:
For the last few years it’s been available to all vets with an honorable discharge between Memorial Day and Veterans Day, but now it’s open all year round.

I just picked up a Gen 5 G19 with three mags for $465 plus tax. Especially considering today’s prices that’s a hell of a deal. And it was easy. I just showed my DD-214 and had to fill out a very simple form basically confirming my eligibility.

Regular BL Price with OEM plastic sights is $398 plus tax. Does your pistol have Glock night sights?

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
A Glock is not for me, but good on Glock for giving veterans a break!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Mine didn’t come with NS, which is fine as I don’t like the Glock NS anyway and would have changed them.

As I understand it, the $398 price is if you buy directly from Glock, which can take up to 6 months and then I still have to pay shipping and transfer fees. The dealers can mark the pricing up from that $398.

With shipping and transfer fees I probably only paid $20-30 more. I’m happy with paying a small amount extra to get the gun immediately and support a local shop in the process.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine didn’t come with NS, which is fine as I don’t like the Glock NS anyway and would have changed them.

As I understand it, the $398 price is if you buy directly from Glock, which can take up to 6 months and then I still have to pay shipping and transfer fees. The dealers can mark the pricing up from that $398.

With shipping and transfer fees I probably only paid $20-30 more. I’m happy with paying a small amount extra to get the gun immediately and support a local shop in the process.

Incorrect, $398 plus tax is the BL price in the store.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just picked up a Gen 5 G19 with three mags for $465 plus tax.

I paid $460 plus tax for my blue label Gen 5 G17 with three mags and stock plastic sights and $520 plus tax for my blue label Glock 43X with two mags and Ameriglo night sights. This was late last year with my DD-214.

I remember paying around $400 for my first blue label Glock (Gen 3 Glock 23) around 16 years ago at a different dealer. I just figured that prices had increased. Is there some kind of latitude that blue label dealers can use for pricing blue label guns?

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 880 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
According to the Glock website under the Blue Label section:

quote:
Dealer Prices may vary and are not set by GLOCK. Most pricing will be $75. - $100 off the retail price depending on the model and sight configuration.

I found a few places online selling them for 398 but as I said then I’d have had to pay shipping and a transfer fee and go to the hassle of sending someone my identity over the internet, which I’m not fond of. At most this couldn’t have cost me more than $20 than if I had bought one online, and that’s worth it for me to just walk in and buy the thing. Likewise, I might have been able to find it at another dealer but would have spent at least 30 bucks in gas and a few hours traveling to one. Again, the savings wouldn’t be worth the hassle.

Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to the Glock website under the Blue Label section:

quote:
Dealer Prices may vary and are not set by GLOCK. Most pricing will be $75. - $100 off the retail price depending on the model and sight configuration.

I found a few places online selling them for 398 but as I said then I’d have had to pay shipping and a transfer fee and go to the hassle of sending someone my identity over the internet, which I’m not fond of. At most this couldn’t have cost me more than $20 more that had I bought one online, and that’s worth it for me to just walk in and buy the thing. Likewise, I might have been able to find it at another dealer but would have spent at least 30 bucks in gas and a few hours traveling to one. Again, the savings wouldn’t be worth the hassle.

Thanks for the info, it makes sense now. I don't mind supporting my local gun store either.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 880 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:

Incorrect, $398 plus tax is the BL price in the store.

There are blue label sub-dealers that upcharge. The only blue label dealer for my state is Kiesler and the only local sub-dealer upcharges $25. I'd imagine it's so they make a little money on the deal that they otherwise would have received doing the transfer. Not unreasonable.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post