SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If all arms production stopped tomorrow would you be content with what you have?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If all arms production stopped tomorrow would you be content with what you have? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No. There are too many neat things on the horizon.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I would be fine. That's not saying I think I'll never buy another gun that I want, but I have all of the bases covered that need covering at this point, with spares for many of them. Honestly, most of the stuff on my WTB radar has been out of production for years, anyway.

Posts: 8559 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
If all arms production stopped tomorrow would you be content with what you have?

Yes.

quote:
Let me rephrase based on ARC’s reply.

If you had no more disposable income for arms or only had enough for one last purchase, would you be content?

Yes.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Have more than I will ever need and enough to fight with if it comes down to it, but not everything I want. Many more still to add to the collection.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm fine.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm content; but if something comes up that I want - I'll buy it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be fine. If production actually ceased, there wouldn't be new, neat things tempting us. I have enough of what's already on the market.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
only had enough for one last purchase, would you be content?
Yes, I'd buy a pallet of 5.56 ammo.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Yes, BUT every once and a while there's always ONE MORE. LOLOLOL Something or a new design pops up that you didn't think you needed or wantd, and you just buy it.

Same here. I've got "multiple" firearms and "lots" of ammo.

...but I could not resist the G-43X.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m fine as is. Only thing on the horizon that I have any interest in is the Tavor 7, but if it was never available, it wouldn’t bother me.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I'd still like to pick up a DW 1911, and maybe another AK.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Hypothetically if something whether war or legal or resource constraints etc. cut off the flow of all arms, assuming ammunition is still available, would you be content with what you have? This isn’t a “cold dead hands” question or a 2nd Revolution thing. It’s simply a what if the resources or industry or whatever could no longer reliably provide you arms even if not due to legal reasons.
I do not quite agree with the premise

If a WAR stopped firearms production for civilian ownership that would be temporary. It also would not be an issue since I would be defending my Country during that time.

If legislation stopped firearms production for civilian ownership that would unconstitutional and I would be electing new Government officials and would be aiding in bringing the questioning of the laws legitimacy before the US Supreme Court

I also do not accept that resources cold suddenly dry up ending firearms production. That kind of loss of resources would have to be seen long in advance of it's ability to end industry, also such a catastrophic loss of resources would probably end most all Modern hard goods industries, not just firearms.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I would indeed be content with what I have now. The fewer pistols you have, the better you know each of them. For me:

CF target: 9mm SIG X5 w/ Burke action job
RF target: Beretta 87 Target
HD: the same SIG X5
CCW: SIG P238

So three pistols are all I need. I’m content.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yes, I would do very well with what I have.

In fact I would make a tidy profit on selling some of mine that share the same purpose for me amongst themselves.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Yes, I would do very well with what I have.

In fact I would make a tidy profit on selling some of mine that share the same purpose for me amongst themselves.

Same here. I have thinned the handguns a lot but the long guns, rifles and shotguns, fill 2 safes.
Found 2 handguns I really like and shoot good. A few handguns that are collectors. I can't see me purchasing much else but ammunition and magazines.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Guys it's a game, a for fun scenario. Let's not get too literal.

In answering the question, I think I'd be ok. I have a pretty wide variety of firearms, so I have toys to play with in most categories. I am recently getting into AK's and really enjoying learning more and more about them. I would be sad that I couldn't get deeper into the AK world, but I've got plenty of other semi auto rifles that it wouldn't be a major issue.

The only area of guns that I can think of that I'm thin in is bolt actions. At the moment, I only have one of them.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I’m content for now. Of course I just traded for a “new” gun this morning! I did fondle a 229 Legion SAO a couple of days ago. Didn’t even make my hand move towards the wallet! I must be getting more disciplined!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
so does the last purchase have to be a single item or can I load up my truck with different items in one purchase.

If only one item, I'd agree, pallet of ammo, probably 9mm or 5.56

But if I could make one last purchase of items, all the glock 17 mags in the store, an AK and all the AK mags, pallet of 9mm and 5.56, dillon press and plenty of reloading supplies for both 9mm and 5.56.

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
100%

If got backups for everything. Take away my backups and I don’t have a lot of stuff but knowing what some elections could do I got dupes so I’m content and actually don’t even want anything new or additional. Same for magazinez, have enough for everything for the rest of my life.

Ammo, there is never enough. You cannot have enough ammo IMO. But for most calibers I’m set for years there as well.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May be content with my my guns but will always want something else

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post