SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .40 P229 conversion to 9mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.40 P229 conversion to 9mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have an older 229, is it more likely that an older gun would need to be fitted or a newer one? Also is the fitting in any way damaging to the gun or are they just machining the barrel? Either way sounds like I'm getting on when i can afford it!

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjp:
I have an older 229, is it more likely that an older gun would need to be fitted or a newer one? Also is the fitting in any way damaging to the gun or are they just machining the barrel? Either way sounds like I'm getting on when i can afford it!

I recommend you talk to BarSto about your particular situation. I purchased my 9mm drop in for my older P229 before the new version of the P229 came out. It's possible they may not make a 9mm for older P229s.

They could also tell you about experience with drop in for older P229s vs need for fitting.

To my recollection, fitting is only barrel tweaking, but it's been awhile since my fitted P224 was done and I don't recall all the conversations I had with them, but certainly don't recall anything about the gun itself being tweaked. Recollection was they needed the gun for exact dimensions only, since they got bum dope from SIG.

Botton line: BarSto can fill you in on all your questions.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post