SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where Is The Kahr Love Here?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Is The Kahr Love Here? Login/Join 
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I personally think they have the worst trigger of any CCW type pistol.

I take it you have no experience with DA revolvers? To me the Kahr trigger is a nicer, smoother DA revolver-like trigger and one of the things I like about them. I don't want a gun in my pocket with a lighter, shorter trigger like I found with the LCPII.

No, I'm familiar with revolvers. The Nano trigger is substantially smoother than a Kahr with the right amount of weight on the trigger. Try one, I doubt you'll feel the same about your Kahr.

Well I've got both, and in fact have posted direct comparisons with pics here, and instructions on how to mod the mag follower for 7 rounds. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...430057154#1430057154 I have even posted about swapping the Nano plastic frame with the new APX style frame. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...430003264#2430003264

Not to completely naysay you, Since I only have a statistical population of two Kahrs (CM9 and CW380) and one Nano, but including data from a a friend's Nano and Kahr PM9, and the one's I've played with in the gun store, you must have had the worst Kahr, and/or the best Nano ever made.

The Kahr's I've tried have all had a much better smoother trigger pull than the Nano's. I've spent hours on the Nano smoothing out the striker channel, , the outside of the striker, The contact area of the trigger bar to striker interface, the striker spring hole, the outside of the striker spring, smoothing the striker safety block, the trigger bar, the trigger pivot pin, etc, all of it. Coupled with the split plastic trigger and the useless trigger safety lever, it cannot compare in smoothness of the Kahr trigger even after all the work.

Don't get me wrong I do like the Nano, but trigger-wise, it's not a contest. The Nano's short plastic split trigger is simply too short from the pivot to get the leverage as smooth as the longer flat metal trigger of the Kahr. You can get the Nano relatively smooth, but it always stacks spongy comared to the Kahr.

While I also have a p365 I like a lot, I would have no problems simple putting the Nano or Kahr in an empty coat pocket for the short term without a holster. I do normally carry with a trigger guard kydex clip even on the Nano and CM9, but if in a hurry would not have a problem just putting into a them into a empty coat pocket for fear of them going off accidentally since both have the long DA pull. I would never think about carrying the p365 without something covering the trigger. As was posted by someone else here, the p365 is basically a single action without a safety (if you don't have the safety model like mine).

Posts: 4344 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Kahr K9 stainless Elite. Part of the regular carry rotation . Love the trigger.
Definitley needs a few hundred rounds of break in.
Has been flawless since in got it

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I handled and dry fired a CM-45 at a gun show once, and loved the way it felt and even the trigger was really nice. But I wanted a 9 to carry so I ordered a CM-9 from the LGS figuring it would feel the same. Not even close. The trigger was heavy and gritty and even with magazine pinky extensions it just didn't feel right in my hand. It's gone, replaced by a S&W Shield.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Kahr P380 fan here and it's the second one I own. First P380 I bought several years ago was a jam-o-matic and was traded off.

I also owned briefly a MK 9 stainless Elite. I found it e$pen$ive, heavy and having feeding issues. Kahr repair couldn't fix the feeding problem, so that one was sold off.

I lost a bundle on that sale.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I handled and dry fired a CM-45 at a gun show once, and loved the way it felt and even the trigger was really nice. But I wanted a 9 to carry so I ordered a CM-9 from the LGS figuring it would feel the same. Not even close. The trigger was heavy and gritty and even with magazine pinky extensions it just didn't feel right in my hand. It's gone, replaced by a S&W Shield.

Interesting. Of all the Kahr’s I’ve owned (MK9, CW40, CW380) and others I’ve handled, I never once felt like any of them had a “gritty” trigger. They’re all butter-smooth to me.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas, I fondled a P365 in bright stainless today, I am pretty sure my wallet is about to get $500 lighter.

I even took my PM9 out of it's pocket holster and tried the 365 in it, very nice little pistola. Really keen on the idea of 10 rounds in the same sized package

I am curious though, a fella on the previous page posted comparison pics of the CM9 and 365, they look the same in size. What I observed is the 365's slide is about 4-5mm longer than the PM9. I thought the PM9 and CM9 had the same dimensions

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I've had many Kahrs. I like the triggers . My favorite of all time is the K9. I still own a PM9 and a T9. The PM9 shares rotation with my P365 Sig.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2769 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CM9 for $300:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/kahr-cm9.html

I've got PM and a CM9, so I won't be getting another.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back when thin was sexy and Kahrs were the only sexy option out there, I bought a Kahr. 9 or 10 years later there are some good options out there that are just as sexy, with some nice features that the Kahr doesn't have.

Right now my biggest gripes with the kahs are the trigger (pin location, guard shape, long reset), and limited capacity. Fine gun otherwise.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owned a regular K9 years ago and it felt good, had a super smooth trigger and was a joy to shoot. Traded it away in one of those moments where something else caught my eye, but always regretted it in that cluttered closet of my mind. Picked up a K9 Elite a few months back, and it is just pure pleasure to shoot. As others have said, the trigger is pure butter smooth, nuts on accurate, eats everything you put into it, and just feels real good in the hand. It's nice to carry and shoot an all steel weapon as a break from all that is polymer these days. Granted, the majority of my weapons are polymer, but when the urge gets me, it's nice to put that solid pistol into the leather and carry it, either concealed, or, to the range.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How durable are metal framed Kahr pistols? I've never seen any range reports about them in that regard.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I have a CM9 that I carry when it's hot and I'm in shorts & tshirt. 200 rounds to break it in and it's very reliable. Also have a CW45 I used to carry but is now a safe queen nowadays.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
How durable are metal framed Kahr pistols? I've never seen any range reports about them in that regard.

The stainless framed KAHR pistols break in much easier than a polymer framed pistol. As to durability, many have reported shooting thousands of rounds through a K/MK series KAHR pistol. I would say they're as 'durable' as any alloy framed pistol if not more.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
CM9 for $300:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/kahr-cm9.html

I've got PM and a CM9, so I won't be getting another.

Cruel temptor, be gone! I want a second one for training, but was trying to hold a few months.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
...Perfect defensive trigger IMO

^^^^^^^^^^
Eek I personally think they have the worst trigger of any CCW type pistol. The ones I’ve tried have been so long and heavy it’s like you would have to ask the bad guy to pause and wait while you try and squeeze the trigger to get a round off. A heavy DA HK is soft and easy in comparison. Just my two bits but wow do we see things differently. I actually bought a Beretta Nano instead of the Kahr after comparing the two.

I don't know what was wrong with your Kahr. I am on my 3rd Kahr, and I also have 3 HK's. The trigger pull is at least half the weight on the Kahr, and it is much smoother. I love my HK's, but they are not known for a light and smooth DA pull. No comparison.

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my Kahr MK9. It is a fine pistols and a keeper.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Covert_Carry:
Back when thin was sexy and Kahrs were the only sexy option out there, I bought a Kahr..

When Justin's thin, sexy wife (Park Ji-Yea) picture was on the sales ads, I bought a Kahr, too.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I carried a P9 for several years. Loved the trigger and the way it fit my hand. Now that the P365 entered the mix, the P9 gets carried less. My only gripe was occasionally the spare magazine would shuck the first round in my pocket.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a CW9 when it first came out. I have carried it for years. Recently misplaced by my wife when hiding knives and guns before family came over. Going to buy a 365XL to replace it Smile The Kahr will turn up in a box of misc stuff in some stupid place some day.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carried a PM9 for years but soon realized it would not reliably feed hollow points from both the 6 and 7 round magazines. They would nose dive and not chamber on occasion and usually on the first round...happened with all of my magazines and multiple types of hollow points. Recently replaced it with my P365 XL. Sad because I loved the PM9 and the quality of the machining of the slide. Because of my PM9, when I switched to the Sig I fed it a few hundred dollars of hollow points to make sure there were no reliability issues....thanks Kahr!

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post