SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OK, I Am Going To Give SIG Another Chance *Updated with conversion pix*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, I Am Going To Give SIG Another Chance *Updated with conversion pix* Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
After the terrible experience with my botched 320 upgrade, I warmed up considering another SIG product.

I found a very reasonably priced 365 with night sights at my local gun store and bought it after shooting a friend's a few weeks ago.

The trigger is better than my Glock 43X and it's smaller with identical capacity. However, the Glock fits my hand MUCH better, but hey, this is a micro 9mm, I get it. The Glock points better, but the SIG's sights are thinner and superior metal. The 365 is closer to the original Glock 43 in size, so I can't be too harsh on my Glock 43X.

The quality of this micro is amazing. The fit and finish is beyond function over form.

It shot well and never malfunctioned today so it gets the Marzy stamp of approval.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up the XL version and I'm really liking it. I'm a little miffed at how difficult it is to remove the slide back plate to get at the striker assembly. It's a PITA compared to Glocks.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the p365 and eventually wound up getting the XL grip, as it seems to hold better. The P365 is a great little gun.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Good info.

Looks like I'll need to get the XL grip for the P365 as the one I tried was smallish.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I find the Wilson Combat grip module to be very nice.
Armory Craft gussies them up even more with added lasering and colors if you are into that sort of thing.

I am sure I’ll end up with one of these sometime in the near future since I finally got around to scratching the 320 it recently.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Try it with a 12 round mag. Changes everything about the feel of the gun, and doesn't add much to the grip length.

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I would like a tad more grip length.

I'll order one, I need a spare anyways.

So far I really like it. The steel trigger is just a big bonus for me as I despise my Glock's plastic interference trigger.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
NOT my pic, but my favorite configuration of the P365...Adding the P365XL Grip Module (essentially a home spun P365X) is a big improvement. IMO, it allows for 'proper purchase' of the Pistol, and gets my pinky to be on the gun, where it should be. It also eliminates the potential pinch point when using 12 rd.Mags (w/ the floorplate spacer) in a std P365 Grip Module.

I can HIGHLY recommend the Armory Craft Checkered Mag Release as well. It's a night & day difference when compared to the SIG oem Mag Release on the P365.

https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...e-catch-with-texture

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I like the p365 and eventually wound up getting the XL grip, as it seems to hold better. The P365 is a great little gun.

I second this. I picked up a 365XL and installed the RomeoZero RDS…and a holster from Nate at UBG Holsters…i absolutely love this gun for summer carry.

Now—if they had one in .45ACP…that would be great.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I would like a tad more grip length.

I'll order one, I need a spare anyways.
<<snip>>

When I bought my P365-S last year (standard size model with manual safety), I went ahead and bought three 12-round mags to go with it, and those are what I use. I think I've only used the 10-round mags once at the range, and they reside in the storage case as I don't like the feel.

FWIW, since getting that little 365 it has rarely left my side! It is my 24/7/365 carry gun now and my other SIGs almost never leave the house anymore.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
NOT my pic, but my favorite configuration of the P365...Adding the P365XL Grip Module (essentially a home spun P365X) is a big improvement. IMO, it allows for 'proper purchase' of the Pistol, and gets my pinky to be on the gun, where it should be. It also eliminates the potential pinch point when using 12 rd.Mags (w/ the floorplate spacer) in a std P365 Grip Module.

<<snip>>

I have shot hundreds of rounds through mine with the 12-round mags with spacer and have experienced zero pinching of any kind. Kinda thinking you may be worrying about something that you don't need to waste the energy on. Just my opinion of course; that and $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee at StarButts.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^The potential exists to be 'pinched' especially during a reload while under stress when using the std P365 Grip Module and 12 rd. Mags. I can get all of my fingers ON the P365XL Grip Module (with or without the Magazine in the gun), so better 'purchase' and ZERO chance of getting pinched.

Due to the compact size/height of the Magazines, using the 12 rd. Mags w/ just the Flat Baseplate also makes it easier to draw a reload out of a Mag Carrier IMO as well.

Overall, it's just a better solution as I see it...NO Compromises! Wink

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I picked up the XL grip frame and the mag doesn't fit the gun. I need a longer mag now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I picked up the XL grip frame and the mag doesn't fit the gun. I need a longer mag now.

I am just getting started looking into the 365 but I believe in the video I watched putting an XL frame on the standard 365 you needed to swap base plates and not the entire mag.

Of course now I can’t find that video so maybe I am just loosing my mind.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Assuming you've got 12 rd. Magazines this video may be helpful...

If you don't have 12 rd. Mags, you'll need to get some to use with the P365 XL Grip Module. Wink

Live Free or Die!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have the 10 round mag. It's way too short.

I have to say that I REALLY like they way the grip module can be changed out. It gives you the option of reconfiguring the weapon if you want it more concealable or if you want more grip control.

Sig taking a cue from Glock with the single push pin to remove the module is excellent.

The longer module fits my hand MUCH better and when the new mag arrives I will have +2 over the Glock's capacity with equal grip length. If I go with the smaller grip, I will be equal rounds with the Glock, but a MUCH more concealable weapon. Even though the 43X is a home run for Glock, this little Sig is an absolute Grand Slam.

The trigger on the Sig is vastly superior to the Glock. But I am used to revolvers, so I am unfairly biased as I shoot the Glock really well. It's just a personal preference.

There, I said it. Sig did something right.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I came in to say, adding the longer grip module (I went with Wilson Combat X) really elevated the shootability of the gun for me, then saw many beat me to it! I had to buy a (not cheap) 12 rd mag. I can shoot the P365 with long grip about as well as my G19 at CCW distances. I really dig this gun.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My local fun store had the correct magazine.

I tried just the extended mag in the short grip frame and nhracecraft was correct, the mag is wobbly and had the potential to pinch.

I just went ahead with the complete conversion.

The results is the perfect SIG. What I have demanded all along. Good capacity, thin frame, short barrel for concealability.

It's smaller than my Glock 43X and has two more capacity. SIG wins.

Para, mark this day down, one of Sig's harshest critics has called one of their products perfect! Smile

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars.

Thank you for this.. I'm on the hunt for the smallest 365 I can get.

I absolutely love my Kel-tec P3AT. Wanted one in 9mm. This may work for me.

My 15 year old g26 will always be THE GUN. But the 365 might work.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post