SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are some options for a braced pistol AR in 22LR ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are some options for a braced pistol AR in 22LR ? Login/Join 
posted
Obviously the S&W M&P 15-22 pistol, Tippmann $$ and the CMMG Banshee $$.

Are there others options in the S&W $500 range to consider?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Excam_Man,

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't currently own one but a Keltec PLR22 AR Pistol is next on my list to purchase. I picked up a Keltec P17 (22 handgun) and a PMR30 (22 Mag handgun with 30 round flush fit magazine) and both of those handguns are fun, fun, fun, to shoot:

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/plr22/

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an upper from PSA and dropped it on a pistol AR. That was under 500. It’s also easily my favorite 22. I use a Boonie Packer Better Mag adapter so S&W 15-22 mags fit perfectly and it’s a hoot.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
POF has the Rebel, but it's not quite exactly an AR-22.

You could get any AR pistol and put a CMMG conversion kit in it.

Or a CMMG upper on any AR pistol lower.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Build whatever AR pistol you want. Drop in the cmmg 22 conversion when you want to run 22

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got a CMMG AR22 PDW upper for my M16, but it’ll fit any AR lower … only thing is (like anything else CMMG) they aren’t cheap, in fact you can probably by 2 complete semi AR22’s for what the CMMG upper costs. Unfortunately I couldn’t take the upper off a semi and run it F/A on my M16.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5709 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got a CMMG AR22 PDW upper for my M16, but it’ll fit any AR lower … only thing is (like anything else CMMG) they aren’t cheap, in fact you can probably by 2 complete semi AR22’s for what the CMMG upper costs. Unfortunately I couldn’t take the upper off a semi and run it F/A on my M16.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5709 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...there's always the Umarex/Walther offering, the "HK" 416 pistol. Usually doesn't come with the brace from the factory, but that can be rectified via the aftermarket.

-MG

Posts: 2014 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another option for something different, look at ruger 22 chargers, 10 inches, threaded and is a 10/22, so 10 million after market parts

I added a sba3 to mine and it’s awesome

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
PSA currently has a S&W MP 15-22 pistol for 479.99. That's a good deal in today's market.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Obviously the S&W M&P 15-22 pistol, Tippmann $$ and the CMMG Banshee $$.

Are there others options in the S&W $500 range to consider?

I have the Tippman Pistol. Having owned both CMMG Complete uppers and S&W M&P15- 22's:

Those as the 3 best options but the Tippman is the best of the 3, well worth the $$$ if you want a trainer and no just a plinker. I've been stocking up on Tippman mags and I'm looking for one of the Rifles.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post