SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA to DAK conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA to DAK conversion Login/Join 
posted
So I happen to like the DAK trigger. How difficult is it to convert a DA/SA pistol to DAK?

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Not difficult just costly.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If you are somewhat mechanically inclined and can detail strip a Sig P series it's not hard at all. I have done a few. The issue can be cost (if you buy all of the parts separate) and do you have a DAK compatible frame. For a while after the DAK came out all of the Sig frames I saw were DAK compatible then as DAK faded I ran across some new frames that were not. I actually bought a newer (2014) P229 9mm with the intention of converting it to DAK but when I got it I found the frame wasn't compatible.

I have had the best luck buying take-off DAK parts online. I think the most I paid was around $70 for everything.

Here is a parts list from TopGunSupply of whats needed.

And here are a few pics of the different frames courtesy of Grey Guns.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I guess the first step is to see if the frame will accept the required parts and proceed accordingly.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that had Robert Burke AKA The Sig Armorer, machine his M11-A1 frame to accept the DAK assembly, and install the same. He is extremely pleased with his work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Warhorse,

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sw4566:
Thanks guys! I guess the first step is to see if the frame will accept the required parts and proceed accordingly.

I sent you an email to your profile address.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m now thinking that perhaps the best thing to do is source a DAK pistol, rather than do the conversion.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m now thinking that perhaps the best thing to do is source a DAK pistol, rather than do the conversion.

Although the market now is absolutely not the time, keep your eye on AIMSurplus for DAK guns. Until the recent madness hit, they had police trade in DAK guns in stock with some regularity for a good price (usually south of $400). Maybe they're gone forever, but they did have them often enough.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't rule out finding just a Dak lower either. A few months back the market was flooded with them, and dirt cheap. I did the opposite, wanted a DA/SA to compliment the DAK I have. Ended up just buying a used pistol for around $400. Good luck with the hunt.

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's exactly what I was thinking as I was reading through the posts, and I was going to suggest it. It certainly seems to me that DAK pistols are much less popular, so I would think you'd be better off finding one. In fact, I have seen many people question about converting to DA/SA, but I believe this is the first time I've seen someone ask the other way around. Obviously you're not the only one, but I just haven't noticed it.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if it is allow here? This place selling police trade in Sig with DAK trigger very reasonable price. You should check it out.
https://www.recoilgunworks.com...sort=4a&filter_id=12

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy1972:
I am not sure if it is allow here? This place selling police trade in Sig with DAK trigger very reasonable price. You should check it out.
https://www.recoilgunworks.com...sort=4a&filter_id=12

Did you not notice every gun on that page has something similar?
OUT OF STOCK Roll Eyes

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I happen to like the DAK trigger. How difficult is it to convert a DA/SA pistol to DAK?

It isn't hard at all.
If I can do it, you can do it.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
1lowlife

During this time , even big gun shops they mostly out off stock...
Here one for sell at classified: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1850015374

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andy1972,

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you post a "WTT" in the classifieds seeking the parts you want for your parts, you'll most likely find somebody. They come up from time to time and always get handled.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Did you ever determine if your pistol frame was DAK compatible? What exactly do you want to convert?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post