SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 10mm Login/Join 
posted
Folks, I have sig 1911 10mM. It’s been less than a year and it started jamming the casing in barrel. Basically ejection doesn’t happen completely. Fully cleaned and well lubricated yet problem persists. Any thoughts?

Rr

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When I approved your registration last night, I also somehow managed to set your posts to be moderated before reaching the board. This was an error on my part. Your posts should now reach the board without delay.

Guys, let's help out our new member

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smith1234:
Folks, I have sig 1911 10mM. It’s been less than a year and it started jamming the casing in barrel. Basically ejection doesn’t happen completely. Fully cleaned and well lubricated yet problem persists. Any thoughts?

How does the extractor look? I had a similar problem once - every so often I'd have a failure to eject, often with the casing still remaining in the chamber. I replaced the extractor and the extractor spring with factory new parts, and its been flawless ever since. I think the replacement bits cost me about $25 or so. That was on a p320, though, so the design for the extractor could be fundamentally different.

Nonetheless, assuming that the extractor claw isn't damaged in some fashion, then the extractor tension may be underpowered so the claw is slipping off the rim of the case when the slide starts to move backward.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
What ammo are you shooting? What do the fired cases look like (any deformities)? What do the primers look like after firing? Did you inspect the chamber for roughness? Lastly, are you sure that you are limp wristing the gun?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whats the round count? Was the gun bought new or used? And type of ammo used?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
As stated by others, probably the extractor. Extractors take a lot of abuse and need periodic replacement. Get yourself a new extractor, extractor spring and extractor retaining pin and replace them, or contact SIG customer service and send your gun in for service maintenance.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought new?
Used?
Picts?

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post