SIGforum
Sig p226 jj date code

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9170022164

September 21, 2019, 01:54 PM
TJ 4X4
Sig p226 jj date code
I found a p226 with the jj date code in about 95% for $400.
Good deal or pass?
September 21, 2019, 02:05 PM
elberettas
Buy it!
September 21, 2019, 02:48 PM
FHHM213
I wouldn’t sell you my JJ for that price!
September 21, 2019, 04:39 PM
Redhookbklyn
Why no pictures of your new acquisition? Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

September 22, 2019, 12:01 AM
Mustang-PaPa
If condition is good i would buy at that price.
Just know that the early ones used a grip screw bushing similar in design of which the 1911 uses and with the bushing comes a smaller screw thread size of which both are really hard to find if needed.
September 22, 2019, 07:27 AM
dubagel
Try top gun supply, they had the proper grip screws when I replaced some.
September 22, 2019, 08:46 AM
.38supersig
Congrats on your P226.

September 22, 2019, 11:45 AM
Excam_Man
What are you waiting on... ?

September 22, 2019, 12:21 PM
FHHM213
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Just know that the early ones used a grip screw bushing similar in design of which the 1911 uses and with the bushing comes a smaller screw thread size of which both are really hard to find if needed.

FWIW, when I replaced the grips on my JJ model (to Hogue G10), I was able to use the screws that come in the Sig parts kit.
September 22, 2019, 05:02 PM
huskerlrrp
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
quote:

FWIW, when I replaced the grips on my JJ model (to Hogue G10), I was able to use the screws that come in the Sig parts kit.

My JJ P226 also uses "standard"/common grip screws.

September 22, 2019, 06:23 PM
Mustang-PaPa
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
quote:
quote:

Yes sorry about that. I was off by a year or two.
I have gad early Herndons with the bushing and later Herndons that accept the newer larger thread size.
The screw issue with the jj guns was the thinner head thickness screws are difficult to find. The newer screws have the thicker head size which swells outside the old style checkered grips without the sig sauer/p226 logos. The newer screws work but look odd. Then there is the old style metal base msh assem and the arched trigger bar return spring differences that come into play also.
September 25, 2019, 06:34 PM
huskerlrrp
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
quote:
quote:

Yes sorry about that. I was off by a year or two.
I have gad early Herndons with the bushing and later Herndons that accept the newer larger thread size.
The screw issue with the jj guns was the thinner head thickness screws are difficult to find. The newer screws have the thicker head size which swells outside the old style checkered grips without the sig sauer/p226 logos. The newer screws work but look odd. Then there is the old style metal base msh assem and the arched trigger bar return spring differences that come into play also.

That sounds right (thinner head). I remember a difference when taking them off. I have my originals with the factory grips as I put VZ G10 on it.

September 25, 2019, 09:46 PM
Strambo
I bought an all beat to hell P226 for $350 and was happy since I used it a Simmunition trainer.

$400 for a 226 in any kind of decent shape is a deal.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page