SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Some S&Ws come already drilled and tapped. Who knew.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some S&Ws come already drilled and tapped. Who knew. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted

Just pop the adj sight off and boom.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it has only been that way for about 30 years.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1463 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

Just pop the adj sight off and boom.

Yep, been that way for decades…lol. That is a beautiful gun.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But you pay a higher price for it and totally worth it in my opinion. Very nice.

Posts: 7057 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful combination Arc..!

Regards
Ragged

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2948 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I bet I'm not the only person who didn't know they'd been doing that.

I picked this very nice pistol up used, and I thought, perfect revolver to try an optic on. It's really natural, and now I just have to shoot it.

The trigger, like buttah

Arc.

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28650 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The 5" 627 V-comp is a fantastic revolver I have one set up with a second cylinder that's been chambered for 9x23 Winchester

As has already been mentioned the Smith and Wesson revolvers have been drilled and tapped for scope mounts going back to about 1990.

A very easy way to tell them apart even from a distance is that the D&T guns all have the rear sight with the rounded tang while the older guns all have the straight cut tang

This message has been edited. Last edited by: colt_saa,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5217 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I need to get some moon clips for it.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
Yeah, it has only been that way for about 30 years.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

IIRC they started doing that in 1988-1989. So it's been 35 years now. The tipoff for this is to open the cylinder and look at the underside of the top strap and look for three holes. On the older revolvers the tapped hole for the front sight is above the forcing cone on most models and because of this it is possible to re-tap the frame for the new pattern.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
But guys, you forget that no one cares about revolvers.

Arc.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
TK Custom clips

https://tkcustom.com/

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5200 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the bicycle lock? Smile

"Once a Marine, always a Marine"

Posts: 31 | Registered: January 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
MoonClip Tool went out of business cuz nobody cares about revolvers. One tool with changeable buttons for different size moon clips.

Posts: 2371 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can see NY and CA folks being big on revolvers with moon clips and optics because of magazine restrictions, but that’s a pretty niche market. And yet, revolvers with optics seem to be a growing thing…

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
quote:

I can see NY and CA folks being big on revolvers with moon clips and optics because of magazine restrictions, but that’s a pretty niche market. And yet, revolvers with optics seem to be a growing thing…

I must admit I am not on the optic train at this point. I have some revolvers and I like them but I don’t find them as fun at the range. With that being said a revolver with optics looks like some type of aberation that shouldn’t happen.

Posts: 138 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
^ Nah, unless maybe you have an empty coat pocket, carrying moon clips sucks.

Posts: 21348 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Nills came from Germany.

Arc.

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I knew, but don't require that feature...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1877 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The Leupold IER scopes look badass on revolvers. I never picked up on this development because I hadn't bothered trying to put an optic on a revolver in ages. When I found this PC tho, I said, Optics!

Arc.